UConn MHOC 2018-19 Schedule | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 2018-19 Schedule

jho

Reaction Score
Full schedule should be released any day now, but here’s what I’ve been able to find so far:

Tues. Oct. 16 @ Quinnipiac
Fri. Oct 26 vs Maine (Home)
Sat. Oct. 27 vs Maine (Home)
Fri. Nov. 2 @ Vermont
Sat. Nov. 3 @ Vermont
Fri. Nov. 16 vs UMass Lowell (Home)
Sat. Nov. 17 @ UMass Lowell
Fri. Nov. 23 vs BU - Friendship Four Tournament, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Sat. Nov. 24 vs Yale or Union - Friendship Four Tournament, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Fri. Nov. 30 @ UMass
Fri. Jan. 4 vs TBA (St. Lawrence, Western Michigan or Air Force) - Ice Vegas Invitational, Las Vegas
Sat. Jan. 5 vs TBA (St. Lawrence, Western Michigan or Air Force) - Ice Vegas Invitational, Las Vegas
Sat. Jan. 12 @ Merrimack
Sat. Feb. 9 vs Merrimack (Home)
Thur. Feb. 21 @ UMass
Fri. Mar. 1 vs Vermont (Home)
Fri. Mar. 8 vs UMass (Home)

Reaction Score
Clarkson took their band over to Belfast last year and it was a really big hit. The first time that had been done. Of course, the fact that Clarkson won the tournament didn't hurt. The locals tried to talk them into staying an extra few days to play for the professional team.

It would be really neat if UConn could do the same, although I would not be surprised if the budget would not allow it. Maybe if the University provided a partial subsidy ....

Reaction Score
Friday, October 12 at Army

Saturday, October 20 at RPI

Wednesday, January 16 vs RPI

There will be a game at Yale

I am assuming there will be a home game against Sacred Heart

Reactions: jho
Reaction Score
Clarkson took their band over to Belfast last year and it was a really big hit. The first time that had been done. Of course, the fact that Clarkson won the tournament didn't hurt. The locals tried to talk them into staying an extra few days to play for the professional team.

It would be really neat if UConn could do the same, although I would not be surprised if the budget would not allow it. Maybe if the University provided a partial subsidy ....
When it looked like none of our kids were going to be around for Thanksgiving I almost had the other half convinced that Belfast in November was a great trip.

Reaction Score
When it looked like none of our kids were going to be around for Thanksgiving I almost had the other half convinced that Belfast in November was a great trip.
Thought about it seriously myself but it will have to be spur of the moment. I am supposed to be on business overseas far away from Ireland.

Reaction Score
From everyone I know who has gone on the trip for this tournament, they absolutely loved it. Flights into Dublin are relatively cheap, we got ours out of Logan for under $500 roundtrip nonstop, and the train up to Belfast is dirt cheap and quick.

Reaction Score
Looks like the home schedule is finalized. Still waiting for official word of course...here's what I found...

10/26 -- Maine
10/27 -- Maine
11/13 -- Brown
11/16 -- UMass-Lowell
12/6 -- Boston College
1/16/19 -- RPI
1/25/19 -- UNH
1/29/19 -- Sacred Heart
2/1/19 -- Boston College
2/7/19 -- Northeastern
2/9/19 -- Merrimack
2/15/19 -- Boston Univ.
3/1/19 -- Vermont
3/2/19 -- Providence
3/8/19 -- UMass Amherst

Reactions: jho
Reaction Score
UConn's game against BU in the first round of the Northern Ireland tournament will be the late game, so ~2pm EST. It will also apparently count as a HE game and not OOC.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If ever you needed a reason why they need their own building, that schedule is it.

Reaction Score
8 home games in the first 4 months and only 4 are on the weekend. Ouch.

The out of conference schedule is bad, too.

Reaction Score
Only 1 Saturday night game possible when looking @ UConn/WP schedule.

10/27/18 - Maine ---- vs BST @ 7:30
2/9/19 - Merrimack could be a 7pm
3/2/19 - PC --- vs WBS @ 7:30

What's going on 12/8?
WP are away and we have to play BC on a Thrus @ home?

Again, playing Vermont, UMass, BC, and BU 3x times
(I thought it was supposed to switch from season to season)?

Reaction Score
Other conflicts with other UConn sports schedules.
Only looking @ hockey going against FB, men's soccer and Men's Basketball of what we currently know

Oct 12 @ Army / @ UCF (Soc)
Oct 16 @ QU / vs SHU (Soc)
Oct 20th @ RPI / @ USF (FB)
Oct 27th vs Maine / vs UMass (FB) / vs SMU(Soc)
Hopefully 12 for FB, 3:30 for hockey and 7 for Soccer
Nov 2nd @ Vermont / @ Tulsa (Soc)
Nov 3rd @ Vermont / @ Tulsa (FB)
Nov 16th vs UML / @ MSG (BB)
Nov 17th @ UML / @ ECU (FB)
Nov 24th @ Belfast / vs UNH (BB)

I could be missing 1 or 2. Tough to look at all 4 schedules on your phone

Reaction Score
There are ALWAYS going to be conflicts in the early season with football if you play a Saturday game. That’s just part of the thing. The conflicts with soccer are pretty much unavoidable too but I doubt too many folks worry about those anyway. Too bag they couldn’t get the UMass game on 10/27 at 7 and football at noon. You are of course going to conflict with men’s and women’s basketball. That’s just life.

The Thursday night BC game has become sort of a tradition. It draws really exceptional crowds and downtown is pretty much hopping on that night. The other midweek games seem to do ok and likely would do much better on a weekend. I mean does anyone got reall excited sbout Brown? Those games get an after work crowd that they wouldn’t get on a Saturday. I also think that from a crowd perspective playing home games in October is a bit of a loser. I’m guessing it is for most schools to be honest. Too much other stuff going on. So why not play on the road? I think having a home heavy schedule in February and March is probably preferable anyway.

Reaction Score
There are ALWAYS going to be conflicts in the early season with football if you play a Saturday game. That’s just part of the thing. The conflicts with soccer are pretty much unavoidable too but I doubt too many folks worry about those anyway. Too bag they couldn’t get the UMass game on 10/27 at 7 and football at noon. You are of course going to conflict with men’s and women’s basketball. That’s just life.

The Thursday night BC game has become sort of a tradition. It draws really exceptional crowds and downtown is pretty much hopping on that night. The other midweek games seem to do ok and likely would do much better on a weekend. I mean does anyone got reall excited sbout Brown? Those games get an after work crowd that they wouldn’t get on a Saturday. I also think that from a crowd perspective playing home games in October is a bit of a loser. I’m guessing it is for most schools to be honest. Too much other stuff going on. So why not play on the road? I think having a home heavy schedule in February and March is probably preferable anyway.
Some good points. The thing with early season home games is it engages the fans better in the overall season. You risk losing them to other winter sports if you wait until February to get their attention, especially at a basketball-heavy school like UConn. October hockey can be a bit slow, but a great OOC home game in October can rev things up really well and hook the fans into the conference season that generally hits full swing in November. Some of my favorite regular season games I've been to have been early-season OOC games against big western opponents. If UConn could get a B1G school in to CT in October, someone like a Michigan State or Wisconsin, I think that'd go a long way toward building fan interest early in the season.

Reaction Score
The schedule is not great, but I prefer to look at it this way...yes, the first 3 1/2 months are brutal, traveling to Ireland...a weekend in Vegas...and most of the HE road trips. However...with 10 of the last 13 at home, if UConn can get to mid January at .500 or so for the year...that last 7 weeks or so, with all the home games, could be a lot of fun.

Reaction Score
I agree that getting a name western team might be good for early season. But I’ve been going pretty regularly since UConn joined HEA and honestly the October crowds have been ok but mostly I’d describe them as “polite”. The intensity really picks up later in the year. Though BC does bring intensity whenever that is played. The most intense UConn October hockey crowd ive ever experienced was an opener with Holy Cross at Freitas during AHA days. For some reason it was packed to near capacity and LOUD. The building shook. Nothing like that in October since.

Reaction Score
UConn men's ice hockey has no home Saturday night games that start at 7pm or after. They have one home game that starts at 5pm on a Saturday. For the rest of the collegiate ice hockey world, 7pm on Saturday is a prime time start. For those who complain about schedule conflicts with other UConn sports, this is the prime reason for it. If these people who are complaining about these conflicts, there is never going to be a total solution, but getting an on campus facility where home games can be played at will help alleviate that problem. The only other UConn sport that consistently schedules Saturday night games is men's soccer, both basketball teams tend to avoid that time slot. Football time scheduling is always so fluid that it will always be a bit of a problem there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom