UConn @ Merrimack (2/6/16) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Merrimack (2/6/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... better than no points.
True, but again both games ending up in ties right? We had 4-2 lead last game right? We have to get better a clearing the zone especislly the last minute of a period with the game on the line We could have and should won this game. They seem to just throw the puck around to no one and lose possession too often. Don't just dump the puck off a board to get style points if you're not gonna make dang sure you get the puck again. Too much of that crap. Keep the puck, pass, or shoot and CLEAR THE DANG ZONE.

Reaction Score
True, but again both games ending up in ties right? We had 4-2 lead last game right? We have to get better a clearing the zone especislly the last minute of a period with the game on the line We could have and should won this game.

I didn't say we shouldn't have won... I just said a point is better than no points.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just watched the replay.

They were lucky to get a point. Their performance in the third period was terrible.

Completely outplayed in the period. 5 shots on goal in the third? I mean c'mon.

UConn was out shot 87-37 by the worst scoring team in the league. 87-37!!!! There is absolutely no excuse for that.

UConn loves to go into their cocoon no matter the competition. When do the training wheels come off when this team has a lead? At some point during this program's progression, the team has to continue to play actually hockey when leading. But look for the same old same next weekend if they ever manage to grab a lead.

Terrible tie going into a probable 0 point weekend against Providence.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yesterday, Max Letunov set the freshman Division 1 goal scoring record at UConn. He is 2nd in points by a freshman in the D1 era (2 behind Cole Schneider) and tied for 4th in assists by a freshman in the D1 era.

Letunov is now:

Tied for 5th in points in Hockey East
Tied for 4th in goals in HE
Tied for 2nd in power play points in HE
2nd in points for freshman in HE
Tied for 22nd nationally for points
Tied for 20th nationally in goals
Tied for 3rd nationally for points by a freshman
4th nationally for goals by a freshman

Reaction Score
Just watched the replay.

They were lucky to get a point. Their performance in the third period was terrible.

Completely outplayed in the period. 5 shots on goal in the third? I mean c'mon.

UConn was out shot 87-37 by the worst scoring team in the league. 87-37!!!! There is absolutely no excuse for that.

UConn loves to go into their cocoon no matter the competition. When do the training wheels come off when this team has a lead? At some point during this program's progression, the team has to continue to play actually hockey when leading. But look for the same old same next weekend if they ever manage to grab a lead.

Terrible tie going into a probable 0 point weekend against Providence.
Agree a terrible 3rd period and UCONN should of won the game. I have to say Fox College Sports does a good job broadcasting college puck. Not being able to clear the puck on 4-5 legit attempts with under a minute to go on the game is not good. Creel deserved the win. After watching the replay myself on the tieing goal by Merrimack with under a minute to go in the game I had to scratch my head why certain players were on the ice for UCONN at that time???? The big difference I noticed with Creel compared to Nichols is when Creel makes the first save off a shot he kicks the pucks off the boards to his right or left usually high glass or off the side boards out of harms ways where Nichols makes a save it's usually a juicy rebound in harms way in front of the net. He doesn't seem to have the knack,skill set to kick those pucks to the side boards like Creel. Just an observation not that I'm a goalie guru by any means. Your right I would be shocked if we get 1 point this weekend against Providence but you never know stranger things have happened this time of year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
MikeMcMahonCHN1:46pm via TweetDeck
There were more than 25 scouts and a few NHL GMs at Merrimack-UConn last night. Most taking a look at UConn draft-eligible F Tage Thompson.

I don't think the way he played against Merrimack helped the young lads draft status. Hopefully next weekend he can rebound against Providence.

Lol... Yeah maybe a decent weekend can move him up from #28 to top 20...Lol

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-mid-season-draft-rankings-topped-by-big-three-1.435206

Reaction Score
I've only watched a little UConn hockey this year. But they seem to be terrible at handling the puck. Sometimes they can't keep it on their stick. Is this typical? Is that a UConn thing or a college hockey thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom