UConn men's soccer recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn men's soccer recruiting

Reaction Score
Seems like we are heavy on the African kids. Doesn’t bode well for American soccer really.

Ray Reid in soccer circles is well known for his international recruiting, and not just kids from Africa. In the past he has also gotten a fair number of kids from Canada, the Caribbean, and from Europe as well. Still, I'm wondering if UConn's new soccer facility will change this some. A modern soccer facility with all the usual desirable bells and whistles may make UConn soccer more attractive to soccer kids in this country, thus making the need to bring in international kids not as high a priority. As in all things, we'll see if this ends up being so.

Reaction Score
Seems like we are heavy on the African kids. Doesn’t bode well for Americansoccer really.

Not at all. It just doesn’t bode well for American College Soccer. The best Americans simply don’t play college soccer anymore.They turn pro as soon as they can. NCAA soccer is a pretty watered down product these days.

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
This feels like assistant coach miller is trying to go for the quick fix here with so many transfers. I don't like this strategy one bit, not a recipe for future success. UConn needs more top US academy players or else they will continue to fall behind

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can these transfers play right away?

Reaction Score
Latest recruit for UConn men's soccer is an international player (what a surprise!), Ben Awashie, a center midfielder from Ghana.

Ben Awashie Latest Addition to UConn Men’s Soccer Program - University of Connecticut Athletics.

On paper, looks to be a good kid. I wish him well and that he can take advantage of this opportunity on an off the field.

That said, Reid has appeared to prefer foreign players over locals since he was coaching at SCSU to a degree that the rumor mill back when I was playing soccer in Connecticut in High School was that if one was a local not to even bother thinking about playing for SCSU. What's funny is that Miller is noted in this clip and not Reid at all.

Reaction Score
Southeastern Connecticut kid (Tyler Fidrych) commits to UConn men's soccer:

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
they are still trying to put a team out there next year and I have a feeling it is going to a complete mess. Players leaving left and right, get me to 2021 szn

Reaction Score
Congratulations to UConn soccer players Dayonn Harris, Nkosi Burgess and Austin Aviza for their success in the MLS Superdraft in January. Also, congratulations to Jake Dengler who signed with Loudon United FC in the USL. and Austin DaSilva for conference Striker of the Year and Nkosi for conference Defender of the Year. How is RR going to rebuild after this amazing season with its deep run into the NCAA and winning the AAC?

Oh wait, the Nkosi (Seattle), Austin (Providence), and Austin (Albany) were all forced off the team over the past two seasons, while Jake, USL Top XI Team, is skipping his senior year. He just had enough of all the abuse and erratic coaching. As for the 2021 season don't hold your breath. Currently, there are only 15 players, 3 are goalies, on the spring season team, while 6 or 7 players transferred or quit after this nightmare season! Even those players left are considering leaving after this semester. Players are voting with their feet and just leaving.

Imagine that core of 5 players on this past (5-12-1) team and what could have been. Isn't it odd that successful players are pushed out each year and when they leave they thrive? We realize this is a tough problem to understand, but who is the one constant in this equation? Maybe the president, AD, and Compliance Officer can do the math!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Congratulations to UConn soccer players Dayonn Harris, Nkosi Burgess and Austin Aviza for their success in the MLS Superdraft in January. Also, congratulations to Jake Dengler who signed with Loudon United FC in the USL. and Austin DaSilva for conference Striker of the Year and Nkosi for conference Defender of the Year. How is RR going to rebuild after this amazing season with its deep run into the NCAA and winning the AAC?

Oh wait, the Nkosi (Seattle), Austin (Providence), and Austin (Albany) were all forced off the team over the past two seasons, while Jake, USL Top XI Team, is skipping his senior year. He just had enough of all the abuse and erratic coaching. As for the 2021 season don't hold your breath. Currently, there are only 15 players, 3 are goalies, on the spring season team, while 6 or 7 players transferred or quit after this nightmare season! Even those players left are considering leaving after this semester. Players are voting with their feet and just leaving.

Imagine that core of 5 players on this past (5-12-1) team and what could have been. Isn't it odd that successful players are pushed out each year and when they leave they thrive? We realize this is a tough problem to understand, but who is the one constant in this equation? Maybe the president, AD, and Compliance Officer can do the math!
Long time no hear from your soap box
I'll admit that things are a bit gloomy but you my friend are definitely a scorned individual
Ray won't be here in two years

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom