UCONN men's hoops update | The Boneyard

UCONN men's hoops update

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I know this is the women's board, but I'm betting there are some posters who rarely venture over to the men's board. Some quick updates that I thought were important enough to post here...

Some bad news for ex-HC Kevin Ollie:
NCAA rejects Ollie's appeal

On the good side, apparently new HC Dan Hurley has been going wild on recruiting. UCONN just landed big man Adama Sonogo as a commit for this coming year. While not super highly ranked (4*'s), he reminds me of a bigger Jeff Adrien - big strong player. What makes his addition important is that it gives depth at literally every position next year with NBA level quality at several positions.

Fans on the men's side are psyched and feel we once again have a NCAA tourney calibur team - probably even a top 25, some think as high as top 15 or so. It's been a while since the men's program had that much excitement surrounding it.

Reaction Score
I know this is the women's board, but I'm betting there are some posters who rarely venture over to the men's board. Some quick updates that I thought were important enough to post here...

Some bad news for ex-HC Kevin Ollie:
NCAA rejects Ollie's appeal

On the good side, apparently new HC Dan Hurley has been going wild on recruiting. UCONN just landed big man Adama Sonogo as a commit for this coming year. While not super highly ranked (4*'s), he reminds me of a bigger Jeff Adrien - big strong player. What makes his addition important is that it gives depth at literally every position next year with NBA level quality at several positions.

Fans on the men's side are psyched and feel we once again have a NCAA tourney calibur team - probably even a top 25, some think as high as top 15 or so. It's been a while since the men's program had that much excitement surrounding it.
Yeah I follow both and if None of the men leave early, Then I’d guess in two years we can have a chance at dual championships again.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how the Big East compares with the AAC on the men's side?

Reaction Score
Zzzzzz really? Get this out of the women’s forum!!!! Good grief!!!! I have heard of hijacking threads but forums? Come on maaaannnn!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how the Big East compares with the AAC on the men's side?
Got that here for you, glad to see you have interest in more than just one UConn team. ;)
2020 Men's College Basketball Conference RPI | WarrenNolan.com

Zzzzzz really? Get this out of the women’s forum!!!! Good grief!!!! I have heard of hijacking threads but forums? Come on maaaannnn!
Would one think in these times of so little UConn news and a need for something new to read some might find another UConn team interesting. Would the mods have let such a dastardly deed be done?
Some might just want to not look at what they find offensive that others may have interest in. :)

Reaction Score
Or maybe should go post about women recruits on the men’s board;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Maybe. I’m just bored to death! Proceed.
1588809501997.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Or maybe should go post about women recruits on the men’s board;)
The men's board does talk about the status of the women's team from time to time. There is always someone who makes a "take it to the women's board" comment. I guess both forums are alike in that respect.

For the most part though, MBB posters are aware of the WBB team. When Aubrey's brother was in the portal, there was a lot of discussion of Aubrey's play, essentially saying if he was the male version of Aubrey, it was a no brainer to offer him a scholarship.

I think a lot fans root for UConn generally, but have a favorite team. For me it is MBB, but I watch and root for pretty much anything UConn.

Reaction Score
The men's board does talk about the status of the women's team from time to time. There is always someone who makes a "take it to the women's board" comment. I guess both forums are alike in that respect.

For the most part though, MBB posters are aware of the WBB team. When Aubrey's brother was in the portal, there was a lot of discussion of Aubrey's play, essentially saying if he was the male version of Aubrey, it was a no brainer to offer him a scholarship.

I think a lot fans root for UConn generally, but have a favorite team. For me it is MBB, but I watch and root for pretty much anything UConn.
I made the statement because I believe the poster questioning it started a post on the men’s board about women recruits although I can’t find it now

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom