UConn Men's bball win streak? | The Boneyard

UConn Men's bball win streak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After watching FSU dodge another bullet I wondered; do we currently have the longest win streak in the nation?

Reaction Score
We have to because if a team last year finished the season by winning out the final 9 games of the regular season then that would mean they won their conference tourney and ultimately lost in the NCAA tourney..and minnesota (NIT champ) has a loss this year

Reaction Score
We have to because if a team last year finished the season by winning out the final 9 games of the regular season then that would mean they won their conference tourney and ultimately lost in the NCAA tourney..and minnesota (NIT champ) has a loss this year

Siena, winner of the CBI, lost as well

Reaction Score
There are also two other possible exceptions - the Ivy League doesn't have a tournament. So someone could close out on a hot streak and end the year with no postseason. Very rare. Or someone could be banned from the postseason because some guys four years prior didn't go to class enough and the NCAA put it some rules after the fact to keep them out. Also very rare.

Reaction Score
Our football team closed out with 3 straight wins last year and well....yeah...

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
If it is, I can't believe ESPN is not leading off every SC with the team with longest current win streak of 9 games. *gasp*

Reaction Score
After watching FSU dodge another bullet I wondered; do we currently have the longest win streak in the nation?
Funny you mention that. I was thinking about posting the other day how we have the longest active winning streak in college men's hoops. Not that it really means that much since the winner of the prior year's NCAA tourney will always hold that distinction till they lose their first game in the following season. The one exception could be if an Ivy league team (they don't have a conference tourney) that strings together a bunch of regular season wins but only makes the NIT, winning that tourney, could post a longer active winning streak, but the chances of that occurrence is quite unlikely to happen. Oh, one other scenario would be a team that is banned from post season play stringing a long season ending winning streak.

Bottom line - We hold the longest active winning streak and I hope that continues as long as possible.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
If it is, I can't believe ESPN is not leading off every SC with the team with longest current win streak of 9 games. *gasp*

only if it were Dook or UK to own that distinction

they don't have enough air time to mention anybody else

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Now let's not start making t-shirts. We all know how that turns out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom