UConn Men's Basketball: Meet Sterling Gibbs [Video] | The Boneyard

UConn Men's Basketball: Meet Sterling Gibbs [Video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He looks more cut than he did last year. Should help him defensively.

I'm excited for Gibbs. Only would take one special year to make him a UConn great. I hope he achieves that.

Reaction Score

I love how how and SM have basically stated the same things about KO and their teammates. How UConn does things differently and loves their sports. And here's a kid who's already played major college hoops at two universities.

BTW, is it just me, or does some of the training look more like they're training for the football team?

Reaction Score
Where is this UConn basketball love he refers to? I need to find those people. I came here and found nothing but pizza and mac and cheese lovers.

I'm going here soon and I'm sure I will have found what I'm looking for (true love):

STO104_NCAA-_0226_11.jpg

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
BTW, is it just me, or does some of the training look more like they're training for the football team?
So far, especially 13-14, Ollie stresses being physically more fit than the opposition. The mindset of "We are more in shape than you, we will get after you defensively and run you off the court." No one could keep up with Shabazz and Boat at the end of the season, and hopefully this team will have that capability.

Reaction Score
Love the "meet the new guys" theme with this video and the Shonn Miller video. Good PR move. Sorta like...we won't have these guys long. So let's put in a little extra effort to allow the fans to get to know them.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Love the "meet the new guys" theme with this video and the Shonn Miller video. Good PR move. Sorta like...we won't have these guys long. So let's put in a little extra effort to allow the fans to get to know them.
Credit to the athletic department. They really have upped the game. Football forum is giving big props to Warde for getting BC series arranged in football. That series can be pivotal imo. See a huge fan turn out for those games and have success and two leagues will strongly push for UConn.

Reaction Score
Don't think it's only for the 5th years. UConn is doing similar features for the UConn WBB freshmen, so I believe they are gonna do the same for Enoch and Adams, and maybe Larrier.

Reaction Score
In 97-98 I worked for the ice rink. Drove Zamboni (for real). The university had the ability to fix a Zamboni. Sharpen a blade. Fix the engine and other mechanical issues. It wasn't a big deal, but I was impressed. Competent group.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
They've been great at getting content on Instagram. Since the Champions Center is usually shut off to reporters/public it's nice to get a look inside at practice/how the team is doing leading up to the season. It's a refreshing change from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom