UConn men's basketball gearing up for July recruiting period | The Boneyard

UConn men's basketball gearing up for July recruiting period

Reaction Score
Keefe: UConn men's basketball gearing up for July recruiting period

>>Starting next week, UConn coaches will bounce around the country for roughly three weeks attending prominent AAU tournaments looking for future Huskies.<<

>>"Our emphasis is 2019, 2020 recruiting, which is huge for this program to get the quality of talent and quality of character that led this program to the great heights that it's been at," Hurley said recently. "That's been our focus."<<

>>"... We feel pretty confident in our ability to identify the right types of kids that will fit in Dan's system. The question is, can we get them? These next two recruiting classes are important to us."<<

Reaction Score
So we're back to the basics, HARD WORK.

"The more kids that we can get on visits when you're out on the court doing what we're doing, serious players are impressed by that type of work. Players that like to get better, they see an environment like that and say, 'Wow, I'm going to be challenged every day and I'm going to get better in a competitive environment like that.'"

"The kids' attitudes have been awesome. They really have embraced the tempo, intensity and pace of practice."

Reaction Score
Nothing not to like about hard work regardless of what’s on the bench.

Reaction Score
So, anyone think this might take him out to see Tyrese Samuel?

Reaction Score
Keefe: UConn men's basketball gearing up for July recruiting period

>>Starting next week, UConn coaches will bounce around the country for roughly three weeks attending prominent AAU tournaments looking for future Huskies.<<

>>"Our emphasis is 2019, 2020 recruiting, which is huge for this program to get the quality of talent and quality of character that led this program to the great heights that it's been at," Hurley said recently. "That's been our focus."<<

>>"... We feel pretty confident in our ability to identify the right types of kids that will fit in Dan's system. The question is, can we get them? These next two recruiting classes are important to us."<<
Love it. Good days are coming!

C

Chief00

Keefe:
>>"Our emphasis is 2019, 2020 recruiting, which is huge for this program to get the quality of talent and quality of character that led this program to the great heights that it's been at," Hurley said recently. "That's been our focus."<<"<<

Chief has been saying 2019, 2020 recruiting is Hurley's focus and now the media has put it in quotes. So for those who doubted Chief, there’s a lesson learned. LOL

Reaction Score
Chief has been saying 2019, 2020 recruiting is Hurley's focus and now the media has put it in quotes. So for those who doubted Chief, there’s a lesson learned. LOL
Hey Chief, who is Chief?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
LOL - recruiting 2019/2020 compared to going heavy into the transfer / JUCO route to win a few more games now.
How many scholarships are available currently?

Reaction Score
Personally, I thought we'd skip 2019. Thanks Chief.

Yeah. I figured Hurley would tank 2019 to further lower current expectations. Good for job security to have 2 bad years in a row.

C

Chief00

How many scholarships are available currently?
It depends for who, as it should be. A good program will always figure out a way through ship or financial aid to get a guy they want into school.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
DeMarr Langford is way to good. Going to be better than his brother.

Reaction Score
DeMarr Langford is way to good. Going to be better than his brother.

He's ranked in the high 100s in his class. Considering his brother was a top 40 player do you expect him to develop into a player that will be considered afive star player or do you mean as a diamond in the rough? You seem to know alot about the high school scene am I putting too much weight on a recruiting ranking for rising juniors?

C

Chief00

chief's had a rough week. getting beat up by everybody.

In life, it’s been a great week - reconnected with a beautiful woman who cares nothing about sports - a perfect balance.

I don’t mind people disagreeing with me. I don’t take it personally. There just opinions.

Reaction Score
From the live period thread that has been locked I see our priorities look like:

PG - N/A
SG - #1 Rocket Watts, #2 Lester Quinones, #3 James Bouknight (no official offer?)
CG - #1 Jalen Gaffney, #2 Anthony Harris
SF- #1 Precious Achiuwa
PF- #1 Jainden Delaire, #2 Akok Akok, #3 Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd, #4 Tyrese Samuel (if you believe 247sports)
C- #1 Kofi Cockburn, #2 Tre Mitchell, #3 Qudus Wahab

I think any combination of these players with 5 scholarships would take us into the top 10 in recruiting. Get 5 of these boys and it would be a top 5 class.

Any thoughts on getting a commit during July fromt his list?

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I want to see four freshman. The fifth I’d like to see be a grad transfer. We only have Vital in that senior class.

Reaction Score
From the live period thread that has been locked I see our priorities look like:

PG - N/A
SG - #1 Rocket Watts, #2 Lester Quinones, #3 James Bouknight (no official offer?)
CG - #1 Jalen Gaffney, #2 Anthony Harris
SF- #1 Precious Achiuwa
PF- #1 Jainden Delaire, #2 Akok Akok, #3 Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd, #4 Tyrese Samuel (if you believe 247sports)
C- #1 Kofi Cockburn, #2 Tre Mitchell, #3 Qudus Wahab

I think any combination of these players with 5 scholarships would take us into the top 10 in recruiting. Get 5 of these boys and it would be a top 5 class.

Any thoughts on getting a commit during July fromt his list?

Rocket is a PG.

And Gaffney is another big PG target.

Jaiden is not a PF. He is a SF On D, leaning more towards SG skills on offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom