UConn men honored with academic award | The Boneyard

UConn men honored with academic award

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20200512-155915_Instagram.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Don't tell Valchek.
This made me laugh; I missed that discussion yesterday. As a late comer to "The Wire" I am in the thick of it now, as it was the one binge that my wife and I agreed to watch during the quarantine. We just finished season three last weekend and started season four last night. I'm already getting sad that we only have two seasons left.

Reaction Score
This made me laugh; I missed that discussion yesterday. As a late comer to "The Wire" I am in the thick of it now, as it was the one binge that my wife and I agreed to watch during the quarantine. We just finished season three last weekend and started season four last night. I'm already getting sad that we only have two seasons left.

4 is great but man those kids tug at your heartstrings.

Reaction Score
Alright I'm binging the Wire soon this is BS not getting to chuckle at this stuff. Just finished all 6 seasons Bosch and Season 1 of Goliath. I'm due to get wired up!

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Alright I'm binging the Wire soon this is BS not getting to chuckle at this stuff. Just finished all 6 seasons Bosch and Season 1 of Goliath. I'm due to the wired up!
Be patient. If you're used to cop shows where everything gets wrapped up in an hour, this ain't that. Very slow and deliberate character and plot development with a lot of subtlety. Great, great characters though.

My number one piece of advice is do not watch it too tired or too buzzed. You need to pay attention and not be distracted. If you've been paying attention and you still don't understand what's going on, you're not supposed to--yet.

Reaction Score
Be patient. If you're used to cop shows where everything gets wrapped up in an hour, this ain't that. Very slow and deliberate character and plot development with a lot of subtlety. Great, great characters though.

My number one piece of advice is do not watch it too tired or too buzzed. You need to pay attention and not be distracted. If you've been paying attention and you still don't understand what's going on, you're not supposed to--yet.

Crazy enough before I actually knew what “binging” was I watched The Wire on occasion but with no order, just whenever, so I have a clue. And on top of that the characters are what drew me in so I hear what you’re saying and will do as you suggest. Thanks

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
A thread congratulating our student athletes on academic achievements immediately derailed into a discussion on binging The Wire. Who could've guessed.

So congratulations to our student athletes. We've come a long way since sanctions due to low APR scores.

That said, the reason The Wire isn't in my top 3 all time series is because of all the Jimmy McNulty drunk scenes. Far too many, far too unbelievable, and terrible acting in those scenes.

Reaction Score
A thread congratulating our student athletes on academic achievements immediately derailed into a discussion on binging The Wire. Who could've guessed.

So congratulations to our student athletes. We've come a long way since sanctions due to low APR scores.

That said, the reason The Wire isn't in my top 3 all time series is because of all the Jimmy McNulty drunk scenes. Far too many, far too unbelievable, and terrible acting in those scenes.
I mean the point is he's a world class drunk... But he's good police!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Alright I'm binging the Wire soon this is BS not getting to chuckle at this stuff. Just finished all 6 seasons Bosch and Season 1 of Goliath. I'm due to get wired up!
Halfway into Bosch Season 6, and thinking that it's time for The Wire, knowing I'll see a very different Jamie Hector.

Reaction Score
I mean yeah, good, but sort of like celebrating the Lady Byng trophy, or Miss Congeniality - no?

Reaction Score

Good stuff. My number one piece of advice would be to watch with subtitles.

Reaction Score
Good stuff. My number one piece of advice would be to watch with subtitles.
No subtitles. Watch and pay attention.

Plus the best part of the wire is watching the whole series a second time!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No subtitles. Watch and pay attention.

Plus the best part of the wire is watching the whole series a second time!
I could go either way. We've been watching without so far, but I don't mind them. My wife doesn't like subtitles but she has more trouble making out what they are saying than I do, so I'll suggest it to her. Snoop in particular is driving her crazy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom