UConn Men going overseas | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Men going overseas

Reaction Score
At present the covid 19 virus is 20 times more deadly than the seasonal flu. The acting Homeland security director did not know this appearing before a Senate committee today. The Olympics are at risk and this trip may be as well unfortunately. It looks like it would be an unreal life experience for those that go if it happens.

Reaction Score
At present the covid 19 virus is 20 times more deadly than the seasonal flu. The acting Homeland security director did not know this appearing before a Senate committee today. The Olympics are at risk and this trip may be as well unfortunately. It looks like it would be an unreal life experience for those that go if it happens.

It's a bit premature to start predicting morbidity and mortality rates when the virus has only been identified and tracked for less than 3 months. The Scientific American article that follows has estimates of how rates of transmission differ for flu and the Coronavirus (flu spreads to 1.3 people from a single infected person while Coronavirus spreads to 2.2, or about 70% more) and also estimates mortality rates of 0.05% for the flu and 2% for the Coronavirus (about 40 times more).

However, the newness of any virus also effects morbidity and mortality rates: "Still, officials note that in the beginning of an outbreak, the initial cases that are identified “skew to the severe,” which may make the mortality rate seem higher than it is, Alex Azar, U.S. secretary of the Health and Human Services, said during a news briefing on Jan. 28. The mortality rate may drop as more mild cases are identified, Azar said.

Reaction Score
Rhode Island took two of these trips in Hurley’s six years there, so it’s likely to become a regular (every 4 years) thing. Their trip in the summer of 2017 was supposed to be to Europe (London and Paris). Some of the players and their families expressed some reservations about going due to some things going on there, and the trip was changed to the Bahamas. If something does happen to change this specific trip, they’ll still look to go somewhere and will also have gotten the extra summer practice time, but hopefully all will be well.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Check it out at the link below. My understanding is there are a couple events, like the meet and greet and the dinner with the team, that are exclusive to those that buy the tour packages, but it would seem anyone would be able to buy tickets to the games.

Thanks for the itinerary link. Been to all those places. Spent 5 years in Europe. A tour to the beach in Glyfada is great. That is where everyone hangs out. A couple of miles down the road. Get Bat called Bobbys. I forget if it was Bobbys 1 or two. I am thinking of doing this.

C

Chief00

European travel might be very limited this summer if the flu crisis doesn't abate. Was thinking of a soccer related trip but decided against it
I agree, very unfortunate timing.

Reaction Score
One thing - I checked into the trip a bit and the trans Atlantic flights are not included in the package. You'd need to spend extra for that. The flight from Italy to Greece is included

Reaction Score
Forget basketball and chemistry, I just want to know if they'll be savoring any Pizza over there.

1582759925223.png

Reaction Score
I am going to ask my wife if this is something she wants to do, this summer as I got the invite email this morning.

I would love to go, but we are planning to head south and north this summer so not sure we can swing it without postponing one of the trips.
Does anyone know the cost?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know the cost?

How tied to your first born are you? Trip cost below...and does not include the flight to Europe.

Double Occupancy:
$5,875
per person
Single Occupancy:
$6,915
per person

Reaction Score
I know this is only partially the coronavirus thread, but I'm a teacher in Japan and just got word that they're likely going to be closing all schools from March 2nd to spring vacation, so about a month. If that ends up being the case, it'll be pretty extreme. School ends in March here, so it's a crazy time to shut everything down.

I imagine the looming prospect of a dramatic effect on the Olympics is pushing them to take more and more action.

Reaction Score
How tied to your first born are you? Trip cost below...and does not include the flight to Europe.

Double Occupancy:
$5,875
per person
Single Occupancy:
$6,915
per person
Wow. Thanks for the info

Reaction Score

Double Occupancy:
$5,875
per person
Single Occupancy:
$6,915
per person
Wow. Thanks for the info

Also for double occupancy, it assumes you're registering two people for one room. If you only register one person you're only given the single occupancy rate. Doesn't look like you can choose double occupancy and room with a random person.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom