UConn- Memphis | The Boneyard

UConn- Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
On the positive side, I thought DHam & Gibbs played better defense. They seemed to stay with their man and there were less Memphis players blowing buy them to the basket.
Sterling Gibbs had, probably his best game as a Husky. He hit big shots and has become our go to guy when the other team is fouling.

On the negative side, our best player is lost. Hamilton was a ghost of his former self. He almost lost the game for us at crunch time. Worse yet, this is a problem for him over the last 3 games. Sad to see. Fortunately he still is rebounding. But his outside shot, his floater and his penetration are all off track. I assume he has to snap out of it. He's too good

On the WTF? side, Late in the second half, Shaq was killing us possession after possession. We were, in spite of this, playing small with Miller in with 4 perimeter players. Why we didn't put in another big was beyond me. Miller needed help and we were playing w/o a center.Did this leave anyone else scratching their head?

Reaction Score
On the positive side, I thought DHam & Gibbs played better defense. They seemed to stay with their man and there were less Memphis players blowing buy them to the basket.
Sterling Gibbs had, probably his best game as a Husky. He hit big shots and has become our go to guy when the other team is fouling.

On the negative side, our best player is lost. Hamilton was a ghost of his former self. He almost lost the game for us at crunch time. Worse yet, this is a problem for him over the last 3 games. Sad to see. Fortunately he still is rebounding. But his outside shot, his floater and his penetration are all off track. I assume he has to snap out of it. He's too good

On the WTF? side, Late in the second half, Shaq was killing us possession after possession. We were, in spite of this, playing small with Miller in with 4 perimeter players. Why we didn't put in another big was beyond me. Miller needed help and we were playing w/o a center.Did this leave anyone else scratching their head?
Yes, with DHAM playing so bad with the ball why not put KF in the lineup as we wouldn't really lose much on the offensive side this game. I guess he was trying to protect our big men if we needed them late or in OT. Weird decision. I do like the 3 guards out there since that allows SG to play more off the ball. I do normally like DHAM at the 4 but with offense going haywire the last two games I prefer KF and SM in there with the 3 guards.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yeah. There was a stretch where Shaq scored each possession. Their bigs were in deeper foul trouble than ours. Confusing.

Reaction Score

I thought Nolan was in with Miller on Shaq. Could have sworn I saw them double teaming him (to no avail a few times). Nolan was hedging inside when Miller was doubling, and somehow we gave up the baseline to Goodwin when he was being doubled. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
Agree with D76. Facey and Nolan both had 4 so I understood why they they sat but under 5:00 when Shaq Goodwin was scoring like Shaq ONeal, Facey should have been inserted. Our best runs were with two bigs in. Small ball almost cost us the game last night. But a good win against a pretty good physical Memphis squad.

Reaction Score
I thought Nolan was in with Miller on Shaq. Could have sworn I saw them double teaming him (to no avail a few times). Nolan was hedging inside when Miller was doubling, and somehow we gave up the baseline to Goodwin when he was being doubled. Unbelievable.
Yes I remember that play because it was right in front of where we were sitting. What made it so frustrating was that he had just scored on a nice post up move the play before.

Nolan wasn't really in there much the last 5 minutes or so as we went with the small lineup of miller at center a dham at power forward.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Agree with D76. Facey and Nolan both had 4 so I understood why they they sat but under 5:00 when Shaq Goodwin was scoring like Shaq ONeal, Facey should have been inserted. Our best runs were with two bigs in. Small ball almost cost us the game last night. But a good win against a pretty good physical Memphis squad.

It was worth the risk of Nolan fouling out covering Shaq who also had 4 fouls inside 5 minutes. Or Facey. Or give Enoch a few minutes. Miller was giving it his all buthe couldn't stop him. Wish I knew for sure but it seemed like Shaq scored or was fouled on about 5 straight possessions.

The doubling on Shaq was earlier. I think he had 4-6 points in the first half, started relatively slow in the second half. He ended up with what? 24 before he fouled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom