UConn @ Memphis | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter. Your schedule in the conference(weak) and no significant out of conference WINS(not close calls) is going to end up putting you behind Cincinnati and likely UCF in all the rankings as long as they finish out with wins and tie at 1 loss in the conference. Cincy will likely do that, but UCF has to beat E. Carolina who you didn't have to face. When you go around the conference and play all the best teams, then you have something. Otherwise, you are a one hit wonder with a very, very favorable conference schedule. Play UCF, E. Carolina, and Cincy in the same year, and let's see the result.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter. Your schedule in the conference(weak) and no significant out of conference WINS(not close calls) is going to end up putting you behind Cincinnati and likely UCF in all the rankings as long as they finish out with wins and tie at 1 loss in the conference. Cincy will likely do that, but UCF has to beat E. Carolina who you didn't have to face. When you go around the conference and play all the best teams, then you have something. Otherwise, you are a one hit wonder with a very, very favorable conference schedule. Play UCF, E. Carolina, and Cincy in the same year, and let's see the result.

So don't play the games just go by the names on the uniforms.

If you look at the actual results to date... Memphis is the best team in the league.

I know the Boneyard worships at the altar of East Carolina (no one in the G5 can give them a game!), but maybe let go of the hype...

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score

There is no statistical way for Memphis to finish behind UCF or Cincy if they win Sat.

UCF plays @ ECU
Cincy plays @ Temple and Houston

Moreover, you don't pick your conference schedule, it's assigned...

Reaction Score
The only thing that excites me about this game is that it's one week closer to the end of the season.

AAC? Get us the out of this garbage dumpster fire of a conference.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
The only thing that excites me about this game is that it's one week closer to the end of the season.

AAC? Get us the out of this garbage dumpster fire of a conference.

You could always drop football and join the 'Big East'

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I have no regrets about the AAC as a conference. This is a collection of schools that chose to join ranks with UConn, Cincy, and USF when we needed friends, quite frankly. Nobody would give a darn who was or wasn't in the AAC if we were getting 20 million per year in a tv contract and access to a bunch of high-profile bowls. But that isn't the case, so people are lashing out at our fellow conference members. If people miss the rivalries we had between BC, Syracuse, or Rutgers, well...then blame BC, Syracuse, and Rutgers! People shouldn't whine about conference mates that kept us from putting our football team into the MAC or back to 1-AA. We should thank them.

It would also be nice if we could actually get ourselves good enough to BEAT them every now and again before we start whining about them... :(

Reaction Score
UConnFootball6:24pm via Instagram
Huskies visit Liberty Bowl in preparation for game vs Memphis tomorrow #bleedblue #riseup @ Liberty…instagram.com/p/v9jUrxGlQb/

Thephotodawg7:45pm via Twitter Web Client
Coach Poindexter and his defense in Liberty Bowl locker room Memphis. @UConnFootballv #Memphis Sat. 4pm @ESPNNews1 pic.twitter.com/v3uZ6hP937

temp1.jpg

Reaction Score
then go post on the hockey board.
We've got two games left. Nothing would be better for this program than to finish this season with a couple wins.

Painful as it's been this season, I love watching or going to the games. Love watching developing players. Also trying to understand the wild, wacky ways of Coach BD.

Hate to see the season end.

Reaction Score
Good game Huskies...

why in @ck do you continue to post on a board for a school that gives about 0 f@cks about yours? No one here cares, no one cares about your video. Please come to the next UConn home game with this video and walk around, see how many fans dont try to run your b@tch @ss out of town

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
UofMemphis said:
Good game Huskies... YouTube Video
Thanks for proving me right. I knew you were a . No matter how bad we suck right now, Memphis will always just be Memphis. And therefore irrelevant.

Reaction Score
just a follow up, congrats, you won a conference that no one on this board wants to be a part of. please refrain from believing your school is anything other than a mid major, or that this is in any way shape or form a rivalry game for UConn.

Reaction Score
just a follow up, congrats, you won a conference that no one on this board wants to be a part of. please refrain from believing your school is anything other than a mid major, or that this is in any way shape or form a rivalry game for UConn.
Yeah 5 years ago we laughed at teams like Memphis, Houston, UCF and Temple, degraded them, and thought that we were too good for them. Now they pummel us. Sure the guy is dope for posting on the board, but give Memphis a break. We only hope we can be as good next year.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
^ they're mad, and I understand, It's been a rough season for UConn football...but their kids played with heart today. They have a good D, and I think they'll get there.

Til next time Huskies...and don't worry, you'll beat the breaks off SMU

Reaction Score
^ they're mad, and I understand, It's been a rough season for UConn football...but their kids played with heart today. They have a good D, and I think they'll get there.

Congrats from this Husky fan and I enjoyed the video. I hope you win your bowl game.

Reaction Score
Congrats from this Husky fan and I enjoyed the video. I hope you win your bowl game.
i truly hope they get mud stomped, and to the other poster about laughing at teams like memphis, yep, we all did. Cant help the JH fukt us and PPGDL decided to run a promising program into the ground. That's off topic however, this comes onto this board to gloat after winning a crap conference against the dumpsterfire that is our team. He deserves nothing but disrespect from me. Maybe this is his hope to get UConn fans to think of Memphis as a rivalry, unfortunately for him, most of us know where we were, and won't settle for this conference or hoping to be as good as Memphis. That line of thinking just made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Reaction Score

dude, you are a . Nothing more really needs to be said to describe you. You come onto this board, and post a sh!tty video of a sh!tty team from a sh!tty conference that no one on this board really cares about. There is no other reason to be on here except to run your punk mouth with the only accomplishment Memphis has ever had.

Reaction Score
hey memph: enjoy your team; go beat somebody up in some bowl

dont worry bout coming north next yr

me thinks a for sale sign is on rent about now wit incentive of getting free 8mil braintrust if purchase is closed in 30 daze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom