UConn MBB reported meeting with agent, concluded no violation occurred, emails show... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn MBB reported meeting with agent, concluded no violation occurred, emails show...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Did Herbst ever issue her decision on Ollie's appeal? I don't remember hearing that she did.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Did Herbst ever issue her decision on Ollie's appeal? I don't remember hearing that she did.

I don't think so. He doesn't necessarily have to meet with her personally. She can appoint a designee...I think the university Provost.

Reaction Score
If these allegations arent the "just cause" reason for firing Ollie (which is already not a good look even though he deserved it) then what is it?
Seems like the just cause is entirely unrelated to this and the NCAA inquiry...

UConn Investigated, Notified NCAA Of Assistant Basketball Coach's Meeting With Two Indicted In FBI Investigation
The meeting, a UConn source confirmed, is not related in any way to the NCAA letter of inquiry sent to UConn in January, which relates to the program’s recruiting practices involving several players. The NCAA interviewed numerous outside individuals, including prep school coaches, and interviewed UConn assistants just before the end of the regular season.

It is also unrelated to UConn’s decision on March 10 to initiate disciplinary procedures to terminate head coach Kevin Ollie’s employment for “just cause,” which is reported to involve impermissible workouts allegedly held last summer.

Essentially, the assistant coach’s meeting, the NCAA inquiry and the just-cause case against Ollie are three separate matters.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If these allegations arent the "just cause" reason for firing Ollie (which is already not a good look even though he deserved it) then what is it?
Someone posted the contract language re: “just cause.” Included was something along the lines of “not upholding the standards set forth for the program.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

UConn Investigated, Notified NCAA Of Assistant Basketball Coach's Meeting With Two Indicted In FBI Investigation
The meeting, a UConn source confirmed, is not related in any way to the NCAA letter of inquiry sent to UConn in January, which relates to the program’s recruiting practices involving several players. The NCAA interviewed numerous outside individuals, including prep school coaches, and interviewed UConn assistants just before the end of the regular season.

It is also unrelated to UConn’s decision on March 10 to initiate disciplinary procedures to terminate head coach Kevin Ollie’s employment for “just cause,” which is reported to involve impermissible workouts allegedly held last summer.

Essentially, the assistant coach’s meeting, the NCAA inquiry and the just-cause case against Ollie are three separate matters.

So does that mean we've still got something coming down the pipe? There were storm clouds early in the year, and I'm not sure exactly what happened to them.

Reaction Score
The following is what prompted my initial comment:

>>After Fiorvanti said in an email to Crawford that the school would assume the matter was concluded unless otherwise notified, NCAA assistant director of enforcement Russell Register sent an email on Nov. 2 requesting a conference call with Benedict “to discuss a matter that we are looking into.” More emails over the following few weeks suggested more conversations between the NCAA and UConn. The reasons for those conversations were not revealed.<<

Just doesn't sound like they said okay nothing to see here and just went away happy...

My impression was that those things were separate, but I could be wrong. There's the meaningful investigation and then there's this, which I think is just noise.

Reaction Score
There is no mention of which UConn assistant coach attended the meeting in any of the emails. UConn’s assistants at the time were Raphael Chillious, Dwayne Killings and Ricky Moore. Chillious was in Las Vegas on July 28, per a post on his Twitter feed, but other UConn asssistants may have been in Las Vegas at the time.

Now the gag order makes sense...

Chief posts between 7/28-7/30:
Catching a plane for Vegas - catch up tomorrow
Bedtime in Vegas; good AAU ball this weekend
Probably best not to say - the old adage " what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" is in operative mode!
Long weekend in Vegas going good - back online on Monday.

Reaction Score
If this was the "just cause" reason KO's case got stronger. If it is it is time to pay him and move forward.

Reaction Score
There is no mention of which UConn assistant coach attended the meeting in any of the emails. UConn’s assistants at the time were Raphael Chillious, Dwayne Killings and Ricky Moore. Chillious was in Las Vegas on July 28, per a post on his Twitter feed, but other UConn asssistants may have been in Las Vegas at the time.

lmao. this is hilarious. i appreciate the detective work

Reaction Score
If this was the "just cause" reason KO's case got stronger. If it is it is time to pay him and move forward.
Read the article. Or tcf15's post above.

C

Chief00

Let the public events speak for themselves. Chill became UConn interim MBB coach before Hurley was hired. Would that have happened if this weekend was a problem? Then, Chill got hired by ECU as an assistant. Apparently, per posters who read the article, it says everything was appropriately handled.

Having said all that - a shout out to TCF15 - that dude does his homework.

Last edited by a moderator:

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score

Unbelchiefable detective work sir.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Smart dude. I could go over my calls on Diaco, Ollie, Drummond, various recruits etc but hey being right twice a day on big things is pretty good - ha ha
What is this "ha ha"? I only just learned what LOL means, slow down Chief.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
In my opinion this is about Boo Willingham’s relationship with Ollie and the fiasco with Zach Brown. His quick move up to CT raised a lot of eyebrows and there were people who were asking questions. The rise and fall for that kid was painful to watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom