UConn MBB received National Letters of Intent from 2020 recruits Andre Jackson and Javonte Brown-Ferguson. | The Boneyard

UConn MBB received National Letters of Intent from 2020 recruits Andre Jackson and Javonte Brown-Ferguson.

Reaction Score
Quotes from each of their high school coaches.

Jackson:
"The best thing about him is he wants to be coached and he's not afraid to be coached hard. He had all high majors after him, but that's part of the reason he chose UConn. At the end of the day, he wanted someone who would push him every day to become the best player he can be and Coach Hurley was his guy."

Brown-Ferguson:
"If I were to compare Javonte to someone in the NBA, I would say that he can pass the ball and think the game like Nicola Jokic (Denver Nuggets) – that's who he wants to be like," James said. "Javonte is actually longer and more athletic, but he really enjoys passing the ball and getting other guys involved. He's also terrific inside, with a soft touch and he uses both hands. He's a terrific rebounder and a great shot-blocker.

"Of course, he has to get stronger – he's still got a really young body that he's growing into and he's just started lifting weights. He's very coachable. At our school, he's a role model to all the younger kids. We've had a few NBA players in the last couple of years and Javonte is the best big guy we've had. I think he can be an impact guy at UConn from the get-go."

Reaction Score
Selfishly I would like to sign two more in this class, but Hurley again identifies what we need and gets it done before December. Hopefully we have a couple grad transfers in mind for next year as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom