UConn Maryland - News/Notes/Tweets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Maryland - News/Notes/Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
He was dissing us hardcore. He hates Ollie and all of our players now. Probably due to a change in his daily bath salts intake.
He predicted NIT finishes this year and next and then Coach Ollie is gone...very hateful post

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I was reading more of the news, etc on the game and didn't realize that Sterling Gibbs was an ex Maryland recruit who asked for a release when Gary Williams retired from UMD.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/...orites-Against-Unranked-Connecticut--41825135

"Despite being closer to the game’s location, the Huskies aren’t expected to have much of a crowd advantage. The Terps were well-supported two years ago when they lost to the eventual NCAA champion Huskies, 78-77, to open the season at the Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn."

That game was UMD's home game deal with Barclays. This will be different.

Reaction Score
Amida is going to have to forget about blocks and stick to Stone like glue. If Amida has to leave Stone to pick up penetrating guards we will be screwed. We have to play great D to win this game along with finishing at the rim (note to Rodney). We can win this game.

Reaction Score
Amida is going to have to forget about blocks and stick to Stone like glue. If Amida has to leave Stone to pick up penetrating guards we will be screwed. We have to play great D to win this game along with finishing at the rim (note to Rodney). We can win this game.

Disagree on Brimah. He's going to have to defend the rim because our defense doesn't work without it, and we don't have anyone who can handle Trimble 1v1. Miller and Hamilton are going to have to help on the boards.

Reaction Score
Oh they have no idea...

Maryland was more than well-supported in Brooklyn. We dwarfed UConn fans. And that was a mediocre MD team against the eventual champs. I'd expect us to outnumber them fairly easily.

There was also a UConn FB game v Louisville going on at the Rent that day, so a lot of bball fans were there watching the game while tailgating...myself included.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Does Maryland have a primary message board online? All the ones I've seen on the major sites are god awful.

Reaction Score
Disagree on Brimah. He's going to have to defend the rim because our defense doesn't work without it, and we don't have anyone who can handle Trimble 1v1. Miller and Hamilton are going to have to help on the boards.
Purvis has been a great, intense defender when he wants to this year. I'm sure this stage will bring out his best, most intense defense(hopefully)

Reaction Score
Oh they have no idea...

Maryland was more than well-supported in Brooklyn. We dwarfed UConn fans. And that was a mediocre MD team against the eventual champs. I'd expect us to outnumber them fairly easily.

They're pretty clueless to use that game in BK as a guage since it was a MD event(still a weak showing by UConn fans tho), but the last few regular season turnouts for UConn fans in NY has been a bit disappointing imo. BC game we outnumbered their fans by default, I felt Indiana was close to even but probably a slight edge to IU, the St Johns and NC State games in the ban year was a pretty weak turnout and I felt both of those fanbases outnumbered us, and there were more UK and Duke fans in the 09-10 season as well. Seems like we only show out in large numbers for the tourney games(BET and '14) at this point.

Reaction Score
Does Maryland have a primary message board online? All the ones I've seen on the major sites are god awful.

http://maryland. /Board/University-of-Maryland-Sports-53

This is the main one but the chatter has been pretty quiet this week. Usually there's more action on the weekend.

Edit to say that the premium boards usually have tons of chatter. This one and Terrapin Times both have premium sites.

Reaction Score
They're pretty clueless to use that game in BK as a guage since it was a MD event(still a weak showing by UConn fans tho), but the last few regular season turnouts for UConn fans in NY has been a bit disappointing imo. BC game we outnumbered their fans by default, I felt Indiana was close to even but probably a slight edge to IU, the St Johns and NC State games in the ban year was a pretty weak turnout and I felt both of those fanbases outnumbered us, and there were more UK and Duke fans in the 09-10 season as well. Seems like we only show out in large numbers for the tourney games(BET and '14) at this point.
Don't disagree with you, but yeah, if they are using the Barclays game as a benchmark for expected UConn attendance tonight, they'll be mistaken. Another poster on that site (247) said West Virginia will outnumber Virginia, which is another poor assumption.

Reaction Score
Don't disagree with you, but yeah, if they are using the Barclays game as a benchmark for expected UConn attendance tonight, they'll be mistaken. Another poster on that site (247) said West Virginia will outnumber Virginia, which is another poor assumption.
West Virginia travel very well in football. Not to sure about basketball. Virginia does not travel well in general.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, should be a good game.

Well that's it then. I'm tuning in.

Looking forward to your post-game analysis. Ever consider selling your used briefs on eBay?

Reaction Score
Purvis has been a great, intense defender when he wants to this year. I'm sure this stage will bring out his best, most intense defense(hopefully)
I think it's Rodney's turn to shine. I expect him to have one of his best performances as a Husky tonight.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I agree, we are dooooooomed
4685849-7812255889-doome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics