UConn Makes the Cut to Final 6-8 Teams For Big 12 Consideration | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Makes the Cut to Final 6-8 Teams For Big 12 Consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
My money is on Houston for a few reasons: good football program and fan support, geography, and size of the untapped TV market in Houston. There are a lot of fans who would love to be in the middle of the Big 12 rivalries.

However, it could make recruiting more challenging for the current Big 12 members.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If two schools are invited I think that the second one, along with Houston, will be one of the Florida schools as it will open up a new pipeline for recruiting more Florida players and Florida is one of the highest producer of HS players. An invasion of SEC territory.

Reaction Score
If you think about our football history and resent performance there are only three reasons Uconn is still in contention, Diaco, Auriemma and academics.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The fan turnout for the Houston vs OU game today was incredible. Houston really put on a good show for the Big 12 and UH came out with a big win. I think their inclusion in the conference is almost a sure thing.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
If you think about our football history and resent performance there are only three reasons Uconn is still in contention, Diaco, Auriemma and academics.

Add geography as #4 -- the perception that Storrs is an NYC suburb.:rolleyes:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I read that they are having each of the hopefuls making presentations this week....with the decision to come sometime in October.
Still hopeful that they will take 4 not 2.

Who goes to represent UConn? The Prez...the AD...anyone else? How about Diaco/Geno and Ollie?
Diaco sure seems like a tremendous motivator...albeit kinda delusional at times. When Kathy prods him to be, Geno can be entertaining and downright charming. KO has a nice 'preacher-man' quality that should appeal.
Toss in some of his oddball fav phrases: my favorite..."escalators are for cowards, we are taking the stairs."

Bring along some elite metro NY CEOs who live in Ct. and explain why it would be to the Big 12's
advantage to place footprints there.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
I've heard that the decision will come no later than October and it will be Houston and Cincinnati in with UConn and BYU the last two out unless Cincy falls flat somewhere along the negotiations.

Reaction Score
. . . we would collect about as much as every $1 for each rumor about which program Megan Walker is "leaning" to. ;)

Nah. There have been 100x as many predictions about CR.

Reaction Score
Confirmed...

Mark Blaudschun@blauds 1 hour ago
Uconn officials meet with big 12 in Dallas on thurs

Jeff Jacobs@jacobscourant 2 hours ago
Yes, also am told UConn to meet with Big 12 on Thursday

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I really hope B10 and ACC are having some discussions right about now, because I think Uconn makes a lot more sense for either of those conferences than for the big 12 - and of course Uconn would probably prefer either of them.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
After Houston's huge win over OK, I imagine the debate narrows to only one mystery now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom