UConn Makes the Cut to Final 6-8 Teams For Big 12 Consideration | The Boneyard

UConn Makes the Cut to Final 6-8 Teams For Big 12 Consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm holding onto hope that we get that B1G invite!!!!

Reaction Score
What do you folks think about this?:
The report did note that considerations are underway to invite schools on a football-only basis, which would suit schools such as UConn and BYU. Blaudschun noted UConn could place its other sports in the Big East if an invitation was received.

Reaction Score
ESPN McMurphy: Big 12 cuts expansion list to at least 12

>>The 12 schools are: Air Force, BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Colorado State, UConn, Houston, Rice, South Florida, SMU, Temple and Tulane...

...While at least a dozen schools made the cut, several others did not, including Arkansas State, Boise State, East Carolina, New Mexico, Northern Illinois, San Diego State and UNLV, sources said.

ESPN could not confirm if Memphis, which was also under consideration by the league, made the cut.<<

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What a tease. Not The UConn. The B1G's will just laugh as they step on foolish hopes. Bye bye USF. The AAC hardly knew ye.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The thing that I think might be worth considering is whether the two other conferences with possible expansion thoughts, the big 10 and ACC start thinking about there own plans and short list, and feeling pressure if they feel one of their priority schools is on the finalist list for the big12 - it could conceivably trigger faster moves from them.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
What do you folks think about this?:
The report did note that considerations are underway to invite schools on a football-only basis, which would suit schools such as UConn and BYU. Blaudschun noted UConn could place its other sports in the Big East if an invitation was received.

HUH? It would suit UConn to join Big XII as a football only member? That's a nutty notion for both parties. Conference teams schlepping long distances for the opportunity to view autumn fall foliage and scrimmage in the Rent? Or UConn teams perpetually piling up frequent flier miles to view vast cornfields in venues in different time zones. I don't think so.

UConn placing "other sports" (must include basketball) in the Big East is even nuttier. Does anyone beyond the age of reason really believe that the Big XII would take UConn football but let somebody else get their mitts on the incomparable UConn Huskies BB programs? HAH! The Big XII fellows must drool to think of hosting teams led by Geno and Kevin and seeing the sights in exotic places like Storrs, Hartford, and NYC's "6th Boriugh" -- maybe even Uncasville or Bridgeport.

Either UConn gets in as an NYC suburb or remains a wlflower.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
How long are you willing to hold on for ?

Im holding onto hope that Beyonce dumps Jay Z for me. but Im not sure how realistic that is :oops:
<<<<<< that's not you?

Reaction Score
HUH? It would suit UConn to join Big XII as a football only member? That's a nutty notion for both parties. Conference teams schlepping long distances for the opportunity to view autumn fall foliage and scrimmage in the Rent? Or UConn teams perpetually piling up frequent flier miles to view vast cornfields in venues in different time zones. I don't think so.

UConn placing "other sports" (must include basketball) in the Big East is even nuttier. Does anyone beyond the age of reason really believe that the Big XII would take UConn football but let somebody else get their mitts on the incomparable UConn Huskies BB programs? HAH! The Big XII fellows must drool to think of hosting teams led by Geno and Kevin and seeing the sights in exotic places like Storrs, Hartford, and NYC's "6th Boriugh" -- maybe even Uncasville or Bridgeport.

Either UConn gets in as an NYC suburb or remains a wlflower.
Thanks, Kibitzer. That was my sense, too: that it made little sense! Only if Kim was trying to block her sport, but that's very far-fetched.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
UConn in the Big XII would be good for the football program because Diaco could recruit in Texas more. even a handful of three-star recruits from Texas would be huge for the Huskies.

UConn being part of the XII for basketball, if that happened, would certainly be better than the AAC. If nothing else, the trio of Conn, Texas, and Baylor would be nice- both MBB and WBB. and on the WBB side, that would be great for WBB. We need some kids to follow in Moriah's and Lexi's footsteps and come to the Nutmeg!

All I cando is hope, I suppose...

Reaction Score
The thing that I think might be worth considering is whether the two other conferences with possible expansion thoughts, the big 10 and ACC start thinking about there own plans and short list, and feeling pressure if they feel one of their priority schools is on the finalist list for the big12 - it could conceivably trigger faster moves from them.

I would think that the ACC is the right conference for UConn, athletically, academically and geographically............if and when the ACC decides to add schools, would UConn not be a great fit?

Reaction Score

Im holding onto hope that Beyonce dumps Jay Z for me. but Im not sure how realistic that is :oops:

Uconn getting into the BIG 12 has a better chance!!!!!!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
i

Dude, there are kids involved; wish them ongoing success in their union! ;)

Reaction Score

UConn placing "other sports" (must include basketball) in the Big East is even nuttier. Does anyone beyond the age of reason really believe that the Big XII would take UConn football but let somebody else get their mitts on the incomparable UConn Huskies BB programs? HAH!

I'm not sure if this is realistic but here's the rationale:
Some B12 schools are reportedly reluctant to have to send their non-revenue sports on long trips to CT. Thus the possible interest in FB only. Additionally the B12 knows it is a bigger fish than the BigEast. If it later changes its mind and wants all of UConn's teams, UConn will drop the BigE in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
Of course, this is all predicated on the premise that the Big 12 itself will survive. Speculation on the WVU football boards raises the possibility that at least Oklahoma and possibly others in the conference are poised to move to the SEC or PAC 12 if offered. As a WVU alumnus and fan, I personally think the move to the Big 12 will prove to be an exercise in diminishing returns given the costs of travel and the loss of traditional rivalries.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I'm with ya. That's what I've been hoping for, anyway. Snatch while the snatching is good.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Big 12 is a mess..... hopefully they can figure things out and not let this drag on.... but they probably will.

<<<<<< that's not you?

Oh no.... if it was.... I'd surely wouldnt have 5,000 + posts on the boneyard :cool::p:D:D:D:D:cool::p:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

i
Dude, there are kids involved; wish them ongoing success in their union! ;)

Oops... i forgot about that :oops: I wish them the best :)

Reaction Score
After last nights game with Maine, IMO that was a setback.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
At this rate.... they should just play a game of musical chairs....... just leave two chairs in the middle of the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom