UCONN Magazine | The Boneyard

UCONN Magazine

Reaction Score
I know this may be rehashing a bunch of things but it still made me a little sad. I got the Fall UConn Magazine yesterday and right inside the cover is a 2 page spread showing Jonathan in front of MSG. What makes me sad is the caption which listed as 'rivalries' that would be 'renewed' "Georgetown, Marquette, Providence College, Seton Hall, St. John's, and Villanova.

So many names missing that were real rivals but to add Marquette?

This was meant for the FB board. Was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The folks that put that snoozer rag out obviously don’t know the real Big East as opposed to the CYO League of today. Though Butch Lee rocked those old Marquette uneys

Reaction Score
Who cares? They listed the schools who were in the Big East when it broke up.

Reaction Score
Except for Cuse + ND and maybe Pitt who else do you miss from the old BE? Who am I missing?

Reaction Score
Our major rivals in the OBE were Syracuse and Pitt. Many wars and BE Tourney classics.

BC might have been one if the ever beat us. PC hated us but there wasn't much passion from our side.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
The names are going to be slightly different but the intensity of Big East Basketball is what I can't wait for. All the schools and fans but Depaul (though I am suspect of St John) bring it. No more half-empty gyms and apathetic fan bases. Those schools may be getting better in the AAC but they have no culture established. They think money and flash will sustain them. We will be fine!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom