UCONN Louisville Box Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Here's a link to the Box Score

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2012-2013/011513.html

UCONN outrebounded UL, easily. Expected I guess, with our height, even without Stewart. UL completely out stole us. 14-6. I mentioned in the pre-game brief that they were better at stealing the ball than UCONN and they proved it.

Faris with 7 assists, yes!, and 7 T/Os, yikes!. Hartley with 4 of her own. Only 18 T/Os over all, not too bad, but it seemed sloppier. UL had even less at 16. Our press didn't seem to create as much offense as usual. Stokes with 3 blocks (at least) in 12 minutes.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I couldn't get the LINK to work.

Compared to the last time the teams met at the XL center, last night's attendance was very low. For the 1/15/2011 game the official attendance was 16,294. Last night's attendance (according to the box score) was 8,727.

So far this year home game attendance is lagging last year but I expected that the Louisville game would bump up the attendance average. If the box score number is right, that's not going to happen.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

UCONN outrebounded UL, easily. Expected I guess, with our height, even without Stewart. UL completely out stole us. 14-6. I mentioned in the pre-game brief that they were better at stealing the ball than UCONN and they proved it.

Faris with 7 assists, yes!, and 7 T/Os, yikes!. Hartley with 4 of her own. Only 18 T/Os over all, not too bad, but it seemed sloppier. UL had even less at 16. Our press didn't seem to create as much offense as usual. Stokes with 3 blocks (at least) in 12 minutes.

I would need to watch the timing of those TOs but playing time on the court with the large number of different line ups we used last night reduces the predictability of action. Several times seems to make a pass to empty air where she seemd to be expecting a player to be going.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score

Kia had 3 blocks on one L'Ville possession. She blocked the first shot. L'Ville caught the blocked ball under the basket; and Kia blocked the put back effort. L'Ville again caught the blocked ball , and Kia blocked that put back attempt too. It was three blocks in less than ten seconds.

It is clear that the official scorer did not see the whole play.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
OC, maybe it's like fishing: once you get yer limit, ya gotta throw the next one back, and ya don't get credit for it!:D

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I thought Kelly made some seriously bad entry passes - wraparound bounce passes that had about a 10% chance of getting through. She has had some real stinkers in the last couple of games, but continues to rack up some really beautiful ones as well.
I am always curious to see the block numbers - I think some official scorers only count the 'rejection' types as blocks and the partial ones get ignored. I also think that scorers who are used to watching a shot blocker like Griner are more likely to give blocks than other scorers. I think the same is probably true for other stats like assists as well. I usually think Uconn games have only 50-70% of the actual blocks scored as such (for either team.)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't like the one handed off the dribble entry passes. Far too often they result in TOs.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I thought Kelly made some seriously bad entry passes - wraparound bounce passes that had about a 10% chance of getting through.
Geno commented on them (she had like 3 of them that didn't work) in one of the articles I read. He said something like if it didn't work the 1st time, it's probably not going to work the 2nd or 3rd time either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom