UConn Looks To Sell Itself With Both Teams In Final Four | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Looks To Sell Itself With Both Teams In Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ACC is a non starter. Too many enemies.

The ND women's coach basically said in her press conference today UConn and ND have a beyond the repair relationship.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
UCONN is the state university of CT
NYC is owned by UCONN,
NYC borders directly on NJ
Therefore, CT and NJ are contiguous

Precisely.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Shared state boarders isn't (or should I say, shouldn't) be a consideration. It was important back in the day, when teams traveled primarily by bus. Charter jets know no bounds.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I propose that the Boneyard arm themselves with whatever comes to hand (I can bring my wife's rolling pin) and invade New York somewhere around rte 15 and drive west to the Hudson, opening a corridor that then provides a common border between NJ and CT in the middle of the river. Put this "contiguous" nonsense to rest.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

The ND women's coach basically said in her press conference today UConn and ND have a beyond the repair relationship.

Notre Dame women's basketball exists because of UConn. So too Rutgers and Louisville. They became strong solely because they had good coaches and afforded an opportunity to play UConn regularly.

All we can do is win. Tonight. Tomorrow. In the fall on the football field. At soccer, hockey, baseball. If the estabished conferences want us in this cage, we will tear it apart...and those who built the cage can look on in terror at the monster they will have created.

Reaction Score
I propose that the Boneyard arm themselves with whatever comes to hand (I can bring my wife's rolling pin) and invade New York somewhere around rte 15 and drive west to the Hudson, opening a corridor that then provides a common border between NJ and CT in the middle of the river. Put this "contiguous" nonsense to rest.
Get an easement?

Reaction Score

I find McGraw and her comments equal in stupidity those of her counter part at ND Mike Brey. They both took some real good shots at the BE as they were going out the door...both (Brey more so) had a lot to say when the C-7 broke away. Then Mcgraw got in a huff when Geno basically said he didn't need to play ND after she all but begged to keep the series going. She didn't make ND into what it is today because of who she is as a coach. They are what they are because of who they played every season...and the academic stature of ND. I think Brenda Freese is a MUCH better coach than McGraw is. She needs to get over herself...but then again with the ND PR machine behind her...arrogance is king. I hope we beat them by 30 tomorrow so we can see her throw a tantrum!

Reaction Score
B1G looked the other way when it came to Nebraska's AAU status. They'll do the same when it comes to the 15 miles that separates Connecticut from New Jersey

pj

Reaction Score
We could always split up the state into thirds. The State of New York City and Long Island, Western Connecticut, and the State of Upstate. We annex Western Connecticut to Connecticut, picking up West Point, the Culinary Institute of America, Ben Gordon's hometown, and the Tappan Zee Bridge. Syracuse rents banners in the stadium of the Binghamton Mets saying "Upstate's Team."

Then, we build the bridge from Bridgeport to Long Island, rename non-NYC Long Island as Southern Connecticut, and annex it too.

Reaction Score

She said "no relationship" to defray rumors Geno and her were secret lovers.

In all seriousness the geography is clearly not a problem. To the degree Midwesterners know anything about NYC, they think of Connecticut as a suburb of NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom