UConn logo | The Boneyard

UConn logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's been bugging me that the UConn identity is confused by media use of old logos. The brand isn't obvious when 247 is using the big white C to show Makiai's commitment and Verbal Commits uses the big C in their basketball conference list and an old fluffy husky on their UConn page.

So I took a shot, contacting 247 to let them know. It was pretty cool watching the UConn "Targets page" refresh with the new logo, they updated football too.
...so why not see if Verbal Commits would do it too. I let them know 247 had updated that morning...and sent them the logo. When I refreshed my IPad later in the day both the conference list and the UConn page had the new Husky.

I know UConn has made a great effort to rebrand sports but the marketplace hasn't caught up yet. It looks like they're willing and responsive...

So if you see old icons in use get in touch with the organization and help them get it right. If this helps shine a slightly brighter focus on the huskies it can't hurt.

Sent from my iPad

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
It's been bugging me that the UConn identity is confused by media use of old logos. The brand isn't obvious when 247 is using the big white C to show Makiai's commitment and Verbal Commits uses the big C in their basketball conference list and an old fluffy husky on their UConn page.

So I took a shot, contacting 247 to let them know. It was pretty cool watching the UConn "Targets page" refresh with the new logo, they updated football too.
...so why not see if Verbal Commits would do it too. I let them know 247 had updated that morning...and sent them the logo. When I refreshed my IPad later in the day both the conference list and the UConn page had the new Husky.

I know UConn has made a great effort to rebrand sports but the marketplace hasn't caught up yet. It looks like they're willing and responsive...

So if you see old icons in use get in touch with the organization and help them get it right. If this helps shine a slightly brighter focus on the huskies it can't hurt.

Sent from my iPad

Do your magic on Apple next because Siri apparently still has the wrong logo too.

Reaction Score
But I like the old logo!
I like the old logos too....still wear some of my ancient sweatshirts to games. I didn' like the new dog at first but now an aggressive dog seems llkke the right one to to help us survive until we find a worthy home.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I like the old logos too....still wear some of my ancient sweatshirts to games. I didn' like the new dog at first but now an aggressive dog seems llkke the right one to to help us survive until we find a worthy home.

Yeah. The new one is growing on me too.

Reaction Score

Sent from my iPad
This part sounds like work to me can you just do it an I'll make the much smaller effort to like your posts.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
There's a lot of really bad logos out there! Ours is pretty awesome.
There's also a lot of "Huskies" teams and logos, and I think ours is aesthetically the best, not to mention I'd say the most recognizable nationally.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Any chance you can get them to use this one:

image-jpg.2750

(jk)

Reaction Score
This part sounds like work to me can you just do it an I'll make the much smaller effort to like your posts.
I like your humor.... The thing is, many people can get more done than one, and many people have access to different basketball services. If Each of us contacts our source when we see an error we would be perpetually auditing consistency in the market place.

What would be a burden for one person is a piece of cake for the Boneyard legions.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
ESPN likes to use this graphic during games where they toss up a bunch of old/alt logos. We have to be one of their favorite teams to feature.

Reaction Score
There's also a lot of "Huskies" teams and logos, and I think ours is aesthetically the best, not to mention I'd say the most recognizable nationally.
the artist did a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog