UConn legend Diana Taurasi having the time of her life | The Boneyard

UConn legend Diana Taurasi having the time of her life

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
UConn legend Diana Taurasi having the time of her life

"I actually feel like I can do more this year than in the past," Taurasi said Thursday after the Mercury practiced ahead of Friday night's game against the Connecticut Sun at Mohegan Sun Arena. "Physically, I feel great. That time off ... People take for granted that playing year-round takes a toll on you mentally. The game of basketball is only great when you can be creative and clear-minded and play with a fun soul. Sometimes it becomes work. Right now, that's not there. It's fun."

Former UConn Star Diana Taurasi Happy To Be Back In Connecticut

“I love it, I really do,” Taurasi said. “I love coming back here. I get to see a lot of familiar faces. I get to see some friends I went to school with, and catch up with coach Auriemma and his family.”

Reaction Score
Great article as it focuses on the two very important aspects of basketball and life.
I think that whenever a potentially star or those few superstar player has to choose a scholarship offer and place to play, U Conn and especially Geno, need to be given special consideration. Forget the records and NC's for a moment, that a DT, thought by many to be the greatest women's player ever chooses to say these types of things so many years after graduating. How can a PB, HJ, , Boston, Hailey Van Lith or any other of the fifteen or twenty names mentioned here in the next three classes, not see who has developed more great players than Geno, CD and the coaches over the past thirty plus years. If you want to be a better than very good college and then pro player, you do what KLS, MW, CW, Ono have done and choose U Conn.

AND, to add not just icing to the cake but maybe a great appetizer and dessert to the dish. DT chooses to maintain regular contact with Geno and his family, and the many other relationships she developed at U Conn and this speaks to the depth of those relationships, which very much sound like a true family atmosphere.
I think MM is probably closest in accomplishments and what she brings, but the outcomes, accomplishments of individual players as well as team ones, don't come close. While there are other excellent coaches, don't see anyone except maybe the Stanford coach (senior moment here) whose even close to MM.
As always in my long, wordy manner, it seems almost every young highly developed and developing HS player should almost die for an offer from Geno and U Conn.
I say all this even with my previous criticisms of Geno and his role in the endings of the last two seasons and semi-finals.
DT's article should be read or sent to every highly desired recruit. Anyone with remaining questions must listen to Rebecca Lobo's Hall of Fame induction speech and Geno's role in her game and life. Speak to MM, BS or KLS about their choices and so far how those lined up with what the actually received. What they received goes way, way beyond a scholarship offer and the opportunity to play in each years NC.
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention CD because from everything I've read, heard and seen, these young women all become wonderful, meaningful, highly productive and caring contributors to our society.
So individual recruit X or Y, "what's in your wallet." (Sorry for that poor attempt at levity).
Bronx23

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I "published" both to the Boneyard yesterday. Like you, lots of reads but little discussion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom