UConn left off Bilas' list of top national title contenders | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn left off Bilas' list of top national title contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
This is where any argument about the women's team falls apart. I'll root for them all day, but come on. If you give most coaches a -- or the -- top recruiting class every year, and make them stay four years, you'll probably be in good shape.

What argument about the women's team? That came out of left field! Plus it sounds like you think Geno's job is easy.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
I recognize I'm beating a dead horse here, but as my Father always said, "a man's gotta beat something now and again or he'll go mad."
I respectfully retort with this:

I believe you're missing the point. Your argument is, I believe, "Iowa and Wichita State hadn't shown anything more than we had, so if THEY got the honorable mention nod, then WE should have got one too."

Here's the problem with your argument - it assumes as true that Bilas was only looking at records. He was most certainly not. He was looking at the performances behind the records and the talent underpinning the records. Clearly his conclusion was that the two teams that you mentioned had better performances and/or better talent at the time he made his conclusions.

And how has he done?

Since he made the prediction, the Shockers have won 4 in a row handily with an average margin of victory of 10 and they are undefeated. Iowa has won two in a row handily by an average margin of about 12 and have a record of 12 and 2. Their only two losses are to current #11 and current #13, one by 3 points and one in OT. Most of their wins were handily won, with several substantial blowouts.

And how have we done? We are 2 and 2, with a decent road win, a home win against a cupcake, a bad home loss against Stanford, and a super bad road loss against an in conference weak sister.

Prior to that piss weak showing? A 1 point nail biter over Maryland, a 2 point squeaker over BC, a
I recognize I'm beating a dead horse here, but as my Father always said, "a man's gotta beat something now and again or he'll go mad."

Your father said that? I pretty much much had to find that on my own.

Reaction Score
What argument about the women's team? That came out of left field! Plus it sounds like you think Geno's job is easy.

Geno's job is far from easy but not comparable to KO's……..and it's not close!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Geno's job is far from easy but not comparable to KO's……..and it's not close!

Definitely much harder in the Men's game to win a championship. It would be silly to say otherwise. But Geno is amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom