UConn @ Ledyard Classic in Hanover, New Hampshire (Saturday 12/28 @ 4p on NESN & Sunday 12/29 @ 7p) | The Boneyard

UConn @ Ledyard Classic in Hanover, New Hampshire (Saturday 12/28 @ 4p on NESN & Sunday 12/29 @ 7p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SLU is a must win that would indicate regression if the Huskies lose. Yet SLU almost beat Clarkson a couple times and could easily win if UConn is off their game. Dartmouth at Thompson will be a real challenge. If UConn can beat the Big Green, it will indicate a step forward.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I like the shootout concept...
Should be used in HE as well. Who likes a tie? But I guess the NCAA would have to adopt it for all leagues for it to mean anything.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Should be used in HE as well. Who likes a tie? But I guess the NCAA would have to adopt it for all leagues for it to mean anything.

All the leagues use different OT formats which is why none of them count. Should all go 10:00 3 on 3.

Reaction Score

The NCAA allows leagues to choose whether, after a mandatory five minute OT, they want to play an additional five minutes of 3x3 with a shootout, or just have a shootout, to decide regular season league games.

The three western leagues, plus Atlantic Hockey, use the 3x3 plus shootout. Hockey East and ECAC simply end games after the five minute OT, as do all non-conference games not part of tournaments.

For tournaments mandating advancement, there is an option to use either shootout protocol, or to use a series of twenty minute OTs as they do in all postseason games. They must choose whether it’s five or twenty at the outset, and can’t switch to the other.

That being said, the NCAA doesn’t regard any overtime result after 65 minutes as anything but a tie when it comes to its record keeping. For RPI and pairwise calculations, ties are half a win and half a loss (so a team that’s 20-10-0 has the same winning percentage as a team that’s 19-9-2 or 18-8-4).

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The NCAA allows leagues to choose whether, after a mandatory five minute OT, they want to play an additional five minutes of 3x3 with a shootout, or just have a shootout, to decide regular season league games.

The three western leagues, plus Atlantic Hockey, use the 3x3 plus shootout. Hockey East and ECAC simply end games after the five minute OT, as do all non-conference games not part of tournaments.

For tournaments mandating advancement, there is an option to use either shootout protocol, or to use a series of twenty minute OTs as they do in all postseason games. They must choose whether it’s five or twenty at the outset, and can’t switch to the other.

That being said, the NCAA doesn’t regard any overtime result after 65 minutes as anything but a tie when it comes to its record keeping. For RPI and pairwise calculations, ties are half a win and half a loss (so a team that’s 20-10-0 has the same winning percentage as a team that’s 19-9-2 or 18-8-4).

And then there's the Beanpot (I hope CT Ice does the same, play forever OT).

Reaction Score
Well done, lads. Especially to our pommie goalie. Tonight is a bigger challenge. Let's get it done, boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom