Uconn/Kansas Ratings | The Boneyard

Uconn/Kansas Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to awfulannouncing UConn/Kansas averaged 5.952m compared to San Antonio/Golden States 4.269m. First half hour had over 7 million viewers. Last year (Gtown/Utah) did a 4.268m in the same timeslot. Just imagine what the ratings would have been if the Warriors weren't playing at the same time and Kansas had missed a few more shots...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The opening number is downright staggering. If the game was competitive whatsoever, you're looking at potential ratings records. It's too bad we couldn't hang Saturday...

Kansas-UConn on CBS went from 8-10 p.m. ET while the Golden State-San Antonio game on ABC lasted between 8:30-11 p.m. ET.

You can see the half-hour breakdown where the games went to head-to-head how CBS beat ABC.

8:00 p.m.

ABC – NBA Countdown Viewers: 2.67 million
CBS – NCAA Basketball Tournament Viewers: 7.08 million

———-

8:30 p.m.

ABC – NBA Basketball Viewers: 3.25 million
CBS – NCAA Basketball Tournament Viewers: 6.06 million

———-

9:00 p.m.

ABC – NBA Basketball Viewers: 4.03 million
CBS – NCAA Basketball Tournament Viewers: 5.08 million

———-

9:30 p.m.

ABC – NBA Basketball Viewers: 4.03 million
CBS – NCAA Basketball Tournament Viewers: 5.58 million

———-

10:00 p.m.

ABC – NBA Basketball Viewers: 4.56 million
CBS – 48 Hours (R) Viewers: 5.31 million

You can see that after Kansas-UConn was over, ABC’s viewership jumped from 4.03 million in the 9:30 half-hour to 4.56 million at 10, but it still wasn’t enough to beat a 48 Hours repeat on CBS.

The NCAA Tournament and NBA rarely go head-to-head, but it shows when the tournament is compelling, viewers will watch.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
According to awfulannouncing UConn/Kansas averaged 5.952m compared to San Antonio/Golden States 4.269m. First half hour had over 7 million viewers. Last year (Gtown/Utah) did a 4.268m in the same timeslot. Just imagine what the ratings would have been if the Warriors weren't playing at the same time and Kansas had missed a few more shots...
Yeah, but that's because it was Kansas. None of those 5.952 Million TC were located in the Boston -New York - DC Oligopolis.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah, but that's because it was Kansas. None of those 5.952 Million TC were located in the Boston -New York - DC Oligopolis.

That's the narrative. It's unfortunate that there isn't a method of breaking national numbers in to regional numbers to see where those eyeballs were watching the game.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
That's the narrative. It's unfortunate that there isn't a method of breaking national numbers in to regional numbers to see where those eyeballs were watching the game.

I sincerely don't know if that's true or sarcasm. I don't know enough about this subject. But I will say that if there isn't a way I'd be shocked since if you can tell how many people are viewing, it can't be much harder to tell where those people are.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I sincerely don't know if that's true or sarcasm. I don't know enough about this subject. But I will say that if there isn't a way I'd be shocked since if you can tell how many people are viewing, it can't be much harder to tell where those people are.
There is a way. I'm not sure if they make those numbers public, however.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
There is a way. I'm not sure if they make those numbers public, however.
It was the 3rd highest sporting event in Dallas market on Saturday. H/T @huskymedic in the other UConn ratings thread
CBS11BillJones10:42am via Twitter for iPad
DFW Saturday Ratings

Ind/UK 4.8
Yale/Duke 4.2
UConn/KU 3.7
GS/SA 3.5
WSU/Mia 3.1
PGA 1.6
Prov/UNC 1.4
But/UVA 1.0
Tex/KC 0.6
NYI/Stars 0.5

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It was the 3rd highest sporting event in Dallas market on Saturday. H/T @huskymedic in the other UConn ratings thread

It's a shame we don't know how it did in northeast markets.

Moving the needle in Dallas doesn't do UConn any good because that market is already paying max fees for B12 action.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads