UConn Job Posting for Asst Women's Basketball Coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Job Posting for Asst Women's Basketball Coach

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Somebody may have already raised this issue, but it suddenly dawned on me that this job posting may have more to do with Shea rather than Marisa. With the imminent birth of her child, is it possible that Shea is planning to take some time away from coaching?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Somebody may have already raised this issue, but it suddenly dawned on me that this job posting may have more to do with Shea rather than Marisa. With the imminent birth of her child, is it possible that Shea is planning to take some time away from coaching?

Is it now permissible to speak of the obvious? I raised this issue in the main Marisa thread with great circumspection. Raised without raising you see. :eek::oops: So circumspect no one got it. The potential relevance of that which cannot be mentioned is obvious. Unfortunately we have only questions with no answers. Yes, time will tell. Time tells all; some of us have more time than others.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Is it now permissible to speak of the obvious? I raised this issue in the main Marisa thread with great circumspection. Raised without raising you see. :eek::oops: So circumspect no one got it. The potential relevance of that which cannot be mentioned is obvious. Unfortunately we have only questions with no answers. Yes, time will tell. Time tells all; some of us have more time than others.
Rocky, unfortunately I missed your post, but in today’s day and age, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with discussing the very real issue that many expectant moms face when confronting the incredibly difficult challenge of balancing the demands of a newborn and their career.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So Shea is leaving too? When did this all start happening? How long have I been asleep? Is Geno still coach?
There has been no public announcement of Shea departing, taking a leave of absence, or anything of the sort, but she is most definitely expecting, and UConn WBB is advertising for an assistant coach to work with the guards.

Reaction Score
There has been no public announcement of Shea departing, taking a leave of absence, or anything of the sort, but she is most definitely expecting, and UConn WBB is advertising for an assistant coach to work with the guards.

I came to the same conclusion but refrained from commenting.

Reaction Score
According to her baby gift registry (babylist dot com), Shea's due date is June 26. That suggests that the coaching staff may not be at full strength over the summer and early fall. In any event, the staff will be trying to incorporate at least one newbie. I'm thinking that Geno's time at the Jersey Shore may be foreshortened.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
According to her baby gift registry (babylist dot com), Shea's due date is June 26. That suggests that the coaching staff may not be at full strength over the summer and early fall. In any event, the staff will be trying to incorporate at least one newbie. I'm thinking that Geno's time down the Shore may be foreshortened.
FYP. :cool:

Reaction Score
According to her baby gift registry (babylist dot com), Shea's due date is June 26. That suggests that the coaching staff may not be at full strength over the summer and early fall. In any event, the staff will be trying to incorporate at least one newbie. I'm thinking that Geno's time at the Jersey Shore may be foreshortened.
Geno sold his NJ shore house a long time ago. His beach house is now in Niantic where he enjoys the crystal clear waters of LI Sound and breathtaking views of Millstone.

Reaction Score
Geno sold his NJ shore house a long time ago. His beach house is now in Niantic where he enjoys the crystal clear waters of LI Sound and breathtaking views of Millstone.
And the nighttime glow.

Reaction Score
And the nighttime glow.
Yes and the train tracks complete with overhead catenary squeezed into the 20 feet of space between the road and water adds to the picturesque scenery.

Reaction Score
:). That's what I get for spending time "up" the shore in Rhode Island where there are no "Situations."
Don’t worry, soon that situation will be doing time in a place like Danbury FCI where all the white collar criminals seem to vacation.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What are you doing on Volnation? :confused:
You know, just slumming it.

Glover-shack2.jpg

Reaction Score
Food for thought. What if Shea wants to expand her coaching range to prepare herself to be a HC someday and wants to start working with forwards a bit more so then they bring in a guard coach like Lister to fill the space left by Shea if she wants a new self development experience.

Reaction Score
If they make of couple of changes to the job posting, maybe they can get Kobe Bryant to fill in???

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Food for thought. What if Shea wants to expand her coaching range to prepare herself to be a HC someday and wants to start working with forwards a bit more so then they bring in a guard coach like Lister to fill the space left by Shea if she wants a new self development experience.
From a career development perspective, that’s actually an excellent thought. If Geno is looking at hanging it up 3-4 years down the road, and wants to give Shea every opportunity to earn the HC job once he moves on, Marisa’s departure is an excellent opportunity to shake things up by having Shea coach the forwards and bringing in someone new to coach the guards.

Reaction Score

Hey, dont diss my beach!!;)
Though I thought Geno sold his property.

Reaction Score
From a career development perspective, that’s actually an excellent thought. If Geno is looking at hanging it up 3-4 years down the road, and wants to give Shea every opportunity to earn the HC job once he moves on, Marisa’s departure is an excellent opportunity to shake things up by having Shea coach the forwards and bringing in someone new to coach the guards.
It would also have the virtue of allowing Shea to take a few months off without leaving a player position uncovered since CD can handle the posts by herself in the interim.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom