Uconn jerseys | The Boneyard

Uconn jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Anyone else frustrated as fans over merchandising in particular jerseys? Its impossible to find a uconn jersey online. Where as kentucky/unc/duke ect have a variety of throw back jerseys and current jerseys available at most outlets. Whats the deal?

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I couldn't agree more. I really wish Nike would make another line of UConn throwbacks with actual player names on the back like the Gordon one I have and the Butler and Allen ones I wish I had...

Reaction Score
Feel torn on this one. I know the UConn licensing guy works hard to get gear to the fans, but when their isn't an option to buy the Jersey anywhere you can't blame people for buying the knock offs.

Exactly, why should we as diehards just sit around watching as even local outlets have duke/kansas/kentucky/UNC gear and we cant even get that in state?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Exactly, why should we as diehards just sit around watching as even local outlets have duke/kansas/kentucky/UNC gear and we cant even get that in state?

It's funny too because I'd rather a lot more for the official Nike Jersey in order to support the school but unless you want a Dyson #11 of the old Jersey you're out of luck.

I haven't bought the knock off jerseys, but it's very frustrating Nike can't throw us a bone.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Maybe if we win as much as those schools we have a right to complain????
OH yeah - we have a right to complain louder!!
Where are those jerseys??????????????????
I can't believe UConn jerseys wouldn't sell on the broad based market - I go all over the country and receive all kinds of positives and "wish i could get my hands on that" comments from people when I wear my UConn stuff.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just an idea, how about if people list what they want to see here. If the numbers justify it, I'd bet the licensing guy would take notice.

Reaction Score
Just an idea, how about if people list what they want to see here. If the numbers justify it, I'd bet the licensing guy would take notice.

That has been expressed in an older thread here and was met with a comment along the lines of....it can't be justified to make mass productions (hundreds) of particular jerseys names+numbers if the sale of them will be low.

I'll try to find that thread.

I don't even care about all the specifics. Just list one without a name and just the number.

Reaction Score
Any updates on when and if there will be on court jerseys available? All I can find is a crappy replica #11. What the heck happened to Uconn jerseys? Used to be able to get a few different numbers and authentic's.

Reaction Score
I emailed Nike a few weeks back about getting a UConn jersey with the new decals on the back with the fourth championship star, also asked if I could personalize it if the option was available and this is what a rep from Nike responded with....
"It is great to hear you are interested in supporting the Connecticut Huskies with yet another jersey design the Nike has dropped. By the way, congrats on the win yesterday!
Right now we do not have any information about offering any new jerseys on Nike.com. However, the more people that request them like yourself, the more likely we are going to offer them on Nike.com."

I had then recieved another email about personalizing it with my last name and they responded with...
" I've done some looking around, and I'm not seeing that we have a custom jersey option, and for this I'm extremely sorry. We have however taken the time to let the right department know you would like to see that option made available. "

So that blows, everybody send those emails!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
NC_Uconn_Fan said:
Any updates on when and if there will be on court jerseys available? All I can find is a crappy replica #11. What the heck happened to Uconn jerseys? Used to be able to get a few different numbers and authentic's.

Won't be.

Reaction Score
Won't be.

To elaborate, Kyle Muncy said something to the tune of the cost being too high to warrant the number of authentic jerseys needed to be stocked by UConn. Why they couldn't just make them available online only is beyond me...

Reaction Score
What a joke. National champs, can't buy a jersey...sad. I live in NC, marshalls down here has nike elite sown on UNC jerseys all colors and different numbers. And I cant even buy a Uconn jersey online because they do not make them anymore.

Reaction Score
Every year the selection gets worse and worse. I'm assuming by 2020 the only thing they'll sell are t shirts with our logo and those generic nike sayings.

zls44

Reaction Score
Why they couldn't just make them available online only is beyond me...

Because they'd need to order a stock of them that they cannot sell.

Reaction Score
zls44 said:
Because they'd need to order a stock of them that they cannot sell.

Sorry, I was referring to Nike making them available on their site directly or just having UConn fulfill them as ordered instead of holding stock.

zls44

Reaction Score
Sorry, I was referring to Nike making them available on their site directly or just having UConn fulfill them as ordered instead of holding stock.

ah, got it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01