UConn jersey value? | The Boneyard

UConn jersey value?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Man Cave full of memorabilia turning into a family room. Ridiculous I said. I lost the battle.

May start to find a new home for a few treasured pieces.

I have a #34 blue away jersey Nike Elite size XL. Never worn. It’s been gently hanging in my game room from a curtain rod. Only the best for Ray. I love it, but at my age might not wear without drawing stares. There’s no name on the back but it was hard to find one with a stitching on both number & Connecticut across the chest rather than some cheap silk screen. Visited a dozen local CT stores about a decade ago to find his # and game quality. I’d consider selling, although I must admit I’m having separation anxiety. I know a few of you look for jerseys. What’s mine worth? Pm me if you have ideas.

Mike/ Newington

GemParty

Reaction Score
Yes. I’d be willing to mail.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Anybody buy one recently?

Reaction Score
The market for jerseys is nowhere near what it used to be, especially for college stuff. Based on my weird obsession with following UConn stuff on eBay over the years, I'd say you can get maybe $30-$40 for it if it's our classic style circa 2004. If it's the 2009 Final Four style even less. You're probably better off keeping it.

For example, this Ray Ray stitched/authentic jersey made in the 90s (which IMO are the nicest retail jerseys Nike ever released) recently sold for $30. I'm assuming yours is not the exact same one since Nike Elite didn't come around until later.

If you really want to sell it I'd hold it on to it for a bit. When Hurley gets us back on the national stage there may be a resurgence in fans buying gear and maybe you'd get a little more. If not, put it up on eBay and see what you get for it.

GemParty

Reaction Score
The market for jerseys is nowhere near what it used to be, especially for college stuff. Based on my weird obsession with following UConn stuff on eBay over the years, I'd say you can get maybe $30-$40 for it if it's our classic style circa 2004. If it's the 2009 Final Four style even less. You're probably better off keeping it.

For example, this Ray Ray stitched/authentic jersey made in the 90s (which IMO are the nicest retail jerseys Nike ever released) recently sold for $30. I'm assuming yours is not the exact same one since Nike Elite didn't come around until later.

If you really want to sell it I'd hold it on to it for a bit. When Hurley gets us back on the national stage there may be a resurgence in fans buying gear and maybe you'd get a little more. If not, put it up on eBay and see what you get for it.

Thanks. Yup same style except Nike Elite.,

GemParty

Reaction Score
No name on mine

Reaction Score
Circa 2000, or so, I had the home white Nike Ray Allen jersey that did have ALLEN sewn on the back, as well as a Doron Sheffer one that was identical in appearance, all sewn. A few of these got out before the NCAA put the stop to this practice of selling jerseys with players names appearing on them....so they are out there, for sure.
Sold both of these jerseys over a decade ago for approx.. $200 apiece, which was way more than I paid for them back when I purchased them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom