Uconn is Un Beatable | The Boneyard

Uconn is Un Beatable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
They can only beat themselves. That's the only way they can lose. If they do lose its a fluke. I heard today that UConn is 100%. They aren't. KML and Tuck still are not 100%. UConn didn't look great today as a team and won by 30+ They beat Stanford MD Penn St and Duke not 100% and it wasn't close. Wait til March when they should be at 100%. Wait til March and MoJeff is knocking down treys consistently and Breanna is playing 40 minutes like she plays 20 minutes and Tuck and KML are 100%.

I just got back from MSG. It was great meeting all the Boneyarders and lurkers. Thanks to TJI. UConn is really really good and they're not playing 100%. Cal was tuff especially when the game started. When UConn got it going, they got it going. Not much of a chance for Cal to do anyting about it and Cal played tuff.

Some fans brought up what about ND? I don't think this years version of ND which is a very good team can get within 15 pts of UConn. Those dribble drives and getting to the line that ND used last season wont work this season. UConn has learned how to space then block shots. UConns height is experienced this season. What is really scary about UConn is they haven't reached their full potential. Announcers are saying wait til March and Tenn and Duke and Stanford and LVille etc will be better. Well so will UConn and that's a tuff thought to deal with.

With a defense like UConn has we don't have to worry about a team like LVille doing what they did to Baylor last season. Geno and is defense wont let that happen. Listening to games on tv announcers are questioning and making excuses how other teams can beat UConn. Folks they haven't when KML and Tuck were out. They wont beat UConn now and in March when Saniya has a few months under her belt and MoJeff is knocking down treys more consistently and KML and Tuck are healthy it aint happein.

First before we talk about teams beating UConn lets get a team who can come with double digits of UConn because that where we are now. When you look at the top teams UConn beat and most of them without KML and Tuck do you really think any team can challenge UConn? I know on the Tenn board they were thinking they could play with UConn. Then they lost to Stanford. How do they lose to Stanford when they stand 6'6 and 6'4 underneath and Chiney at 6'3 has 30+ pts and 20 rebounds and somebody said Tenn had the best front court in WCBB????? Not even close.

This UConn team is one fine oiled machine. They click and get everyone involved that's why they stay crisp. They find ways to score. Breanna and KML are like Mantle and Maris. They are both home runs. No I don't see UConn losing this season. I don't see anybody coming within 10 points of UConn.

UConn must stay healthy from here on out. Their non starters will get a lot of playtime throughout the rest of the regular season. Most of the rest of the season is not difficult and I don't see UConn really being challenged. Baylor L"ville twice and RU twice might give UConn some competition but that about it until the Regionals. So sit back and enjoy it.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
No team is unbeatable. Refer to Louisville vs Baylor. But no team should even get close to UCONN.

Reaction Score
I not only agree withTonyC but I'll raise him two seasons. Barring serious injury this year's team will go undefeated. Next year's team with four great freshmen( and maybe Wilson) has a realistic chance of going undefeated. and I wouldn't bet against the senior class of Stewie, MoJeff and Morgan. I know one is tempting the gods with such speculation but Uconn may be unbeatable for three years and break its own ninety game win streak.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No team is unbeatable. Refer to Louisville vs Baylor. But no team should even get close to UCONN.
He said unbeatable except but by themselves that is exactly how Baylor lost last year. They did much of L'ville's work for them.

Last edited:

HGN

Reaction Score
Any team is beatable...........The right circumstances may have to be in place for them to lose ( a la Baylor/Louisville), but any team is beatable. But all things being equal , UConn is going to be hard to beat if they get and stay healthy from 1-10. When another team is playing out of their minds and way over their heads ( Louisville vs Baylor) , and/or the ref's get too involved with foul calls, an upset can happen.

This UConn team has a certain positive 'feel' about it. Full of talent. Superior coaching. Depth . And has the answers for whatever other teams may throw at it. Can it go all the way, yes.

Will it go all the way , I think they will.

Reaction Score
Remember when St. John's beat UConn at Gampel a couple years ago? Anything can happen.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Oh please, that was a very good Baylor teams, but flawed. And didn't they lose to Stanford when Sims was out? Uconn loses KML and Tuck and still beat ranked teams.

Reaction Score
Well, that Uconn team wasn't unbeatable. No one said they were.
Even the great UConn teams with Maya, Charles, Taurasi, etc. all lost games at some point. Any team can be beat. The odds may be low, but it can be done. Short of the Miami Heat playing a bunch of 3rd graders, there is always a non-zero chance of an upset.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Even the great UConn teams with Maya, Charles, Taurasi, etc. all lost games at some point. Any team can be beat. The odds may be low, but it can be done. Short of the Miami Heat playing a bunch of 3rd graders, there is always a non-zero chance of an upset.
Actually, for 2 full seasons, they didn't lose. And that is all folks are saying about this team.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Remember when St. John's beat UConn at Gampel a couple years ago? Anything can happen.

That was then this is now. Unless we have major injuries this team will NOT LOSE. The only way they get beat is if they beat themselves or forget about the game and don't show up. LOL

Reaction Score
Actually, for 2 full seasons, they didn't lose. And that is all folks are saying about this team.

The mental discipline to go 2 seasons w/o a loss is truly incredible. That's what I like the most
about UConn wbb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22