UConn is UClutch | The Boneyard

UConn is UClutch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When you really think, over the years, how many clutch shots this program has hit, it's mind boggling.

Tate George
Ray's bicycle runner in the BET
Rip v Washington in the NCAA
Kemba's ankle breaker against Pitt
Kemba about 15 times other than that Pitt game

I mean, I could go on and on....but my point is, I don't know that it's a coincidence. I think we have drafted a certain type of player who is absolutely driven off having the ball in that spot.

Reaction Score
Deepster said:
When you really think, over the years, how many clutch shots this program has hit, it's mind boggling. Tate George Ray's bicycle runner in the BET Rip v Washington in the NCAA Kemba's ankle breaker against Pitt Kemba about 15 times other than that Pitt game I mean, I could go on and on....but my point is, I don't know that it's a coincidence. I think we have drafted a certain type of player who is absolutely driven off having the ball in that spot.

Not to be sappy or anything, but it's Jim Calhoun that instilled this ability to assassinate opponents. He instilled it in KO from day one and he and KO have instilled it in Shabazz.

Anyone remember how down Shabazz was two years ago? He doubted himself and he felt losing was all his fault. He was hugging JC after wins and looked like he was going to cry half the time. JC taught him to be this way by teaching him strength and resilience. He and KO have built the best guard in college basketball from the ground up.

Reaction Score
Who said Kemba had left the building?

Ladies and Gentlemen, We are witnessing a champion team is being borne right in front of our eyes. I love how they seem to always be able to find the ways to win.
We are lucky to be part of the process!!!

@Deepster: There is no coincidence.

Reaction Score
This team doesn't seem to get nervous or panicked even when behind, and even though we are lacking down low KO is mixing and matching with what he has. When Olander fouled out he was down to paper clips and duct tape. I'm sure there are teams with more talent but KO has instilled a real team concept which makes us dangerous.

Reaction Score
KEA vs. Pitt
Caron vs. St. John's
Donyell vs. BC
Taliek from half court
Gordon must have had one or two I'm blanking on as well

We have more memorable buzzer-beaters over the last 25 years than most schools have memorable wins.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
...if only Donyell was on that list, we would have have 1 more championship. :)

( especially relevant given the FL Gators)

Reaction Score
When you really think, over the years, how many clutch shots this program has hit, it's mind boggling.

Tate George
Ray's bicycle runner in the BET
Rip v Washington in the NCAA
Kemba's ankle breaker against Pitt
Kemba about 15 times other than that Pitt game

I mean, I could go on and on....but my point is, I don't know that it's a coincidence. I think we have drafted a certain type of player who is absolutely driven off having the ball in that spot.

Oh, Deepster, if you have not already, get used to it :cool:

Over and out.

Reaction Score
I hope we see the same level of improvement from the other players that we saw in BE play last year. About this time last year, UConn was involved in double OTs with Quinnipiac and not looking that great. Then we saw them slowly develop. We saw Omar calhoun come to life first, then Deandre Daniels started playing like a man possessed.

This team needs to grow together right now.

Reaction Score
I think Calhoun knew how to teach to live in the moment. Gravedigging must be an insightful job.

Reaction Score
The haters will say its a negative and we got lucky in these 1 and 2 point wins this season. Not the case...this team and especially Shabazz just has it in them to be clutch. Its no coincedence. We make the plays and that is what they call "the heart of a champion"

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Can't forget Ray continuing that tradition in the NBA last year. Single-handedly saved the Heat.

Reaction Score
Not a game winner, but I loved Rashad sending the game into OT vs Washington in the 2006(?) NCAAs. So clutch.

That and his three to send the game at Nova in '04 into OT. That's the game Okafor won by blocking Ray or Foye's shot at the buzzer. One of my faves.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Not Napier's first buzzer beater(ish). Dont forget about his long 3 to win it vs Nova 2 yrs ago. Think they put .4 back on the clock but it was basically a buzzer beater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom