uconn is NYC's team | The Boneyard

uconn is NYC's team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i know that the emails have made their way around the net, but i am bored, and need to get my post count up, so i thought I would share excerpts. from the materials put together by uconn communications re: the popularity of uconn in the NYC DMA:

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/282123-responsive-documents.html#document/p1

UConn Is New York Clty's Team
In 2010-11, UConn Men's Basketball was the Most Viewed East Conference Team In New York City
  • A combined 1.35 million households watched UConn basketball games ln the New York DMA that were televised on ESPN or ESPN2. That number doubled the number of households watching Syracuse games on ESPN or ESPN2 and was five tlmes more than the number of households that watched Rutgers on ESPN or ESPN2
  • The top two-rated Syracuse men's basketball games In the New York DMA in 2010-11 were in fact games against UConn
  • UConn's flve games In the BIG EAST tournament were watched by a combined 590,000
    households in the New York DMA, while 385,000 watched Syracuse games - a
    number which was inflated with one game against hometown St. John's
  • SNY (SportsNet New York) Recognizes The Popularity Of The UConn Brand
    SportsNet New York (SNY) is the New York home of the New York Mets and the BIG EAST Conference. Although they have relationships with Syracuse, Rutgers, Seton Hall and St. John's,the relationship ls unique as, the network devotes over 300 programming hours a
    year to both UConn men's basketball and football. number of program hours is almost
    double the number of hours devoted to Rutgers programming and Syracuse receives only two-third of that amount of hours
  • In 2011-12, UConn will make 13 appearances on SNY, while Syracuse, Rutgers and St. John's will each make fewer than 10
UConn Domlnates New York, Madison Square Garden, and The BIG EAST Tournament
  • UConn has won seven BIG EAST Tournament Championships at Madison Square Garden - the most of any school.
  • Over the past ten years, UConn ls the only school to rank among the top two
    in tournament tickets purchased by their supports. The other school paired with UConn have varied greatly over the years.
  • Although relatively new, UConn Football ls popular in both New York and Boston.
    In three of the last four years, UConn's national television rating of its bowl game has been
    higher than the Rutgers bowl game -- including doubling the mark in 2007 and 2011.
  • ln a recent New York Times artlcIe, UConn was ranked ahead of Syracuse among the most
    popular college football teams In the New York DMA, and UConn was the only BIG EAST school listed among the top five most popular college football teams in-both the New York and Boston DMAs.

Reaction Score
Interesting stats. Id like to know if that would be the case if St Johns becomes a top 25 team every year.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone can claim to be NYC's team, but those 'stats' certainly are interesting.

That being said, I'd like to see Syracuse or Rutgers come out with the same type of study. I'm sure their results would paint them in a favorable light as "NYC's" team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom