UConn is a Blue Blood | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn is a Blue Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The whole AAC/Big East conference shift then Ollie disaster were the only reason for the lull this century. We're still a Blue Blood on any measure since 1990.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Last night Nantz mentioned that he said that there were no blue bloods in the final 4. Then he said maybe he was wrong and that UConn might be “the blue blood” was cool to hear.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I could give two $h!ts about what others think about our blood.. It's their blood that will be spilled in the arena, not ours.

Reaction Score
Uconn history warrants the term Blue Blood including making the tourney the last 2 years. This year is icing on the cake. They had several appearances prior to 99 albeit not to this level.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can only imagine what they would be saying about Coach K if it was his team playing at this high level.

Reaction Score
ok last one. i included every school that has won a chip since '75. chips count for 60%, final 4s 30%, and sweet 16s 10%:

1) UNC- 10.2
2) Duke- 10
3) UK- 8.2
4) KU- 7.2
5) Lville- 6.3
6) UConn- 5.9
6) UCLA- 5.9
8) MSU- 5.8
9) Indiana- 5
10) Nova- 4.6
11) Cuse- 4.5
12) Florida- 3.8
12) Michigan- 3.8
14) Zona- 3.7
15) Arkansas- 3.1
16) Gtown- 2.9
17) UNLV- 2.8
18) UVA- 2.5
19) Marquette- 2
20) NC St- 1.6
21) Baylor- 1.4

*if UConn wins it all they jump Lville into 5th place.

why 1975?
does this include Louisville in 2013, which was vacated?
chips should be worth more than 60%.

Reaction Score
One Final Four in ten years. Got past the first round once in ten years. Zero conference champions, zero conference tournament champs in ten years.

Nope.
My turn to say Go Away. And much more warranted.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
At the 22:00 mark, Coach K calls UConn a blue blood and says Coach Calhoun is the greatest program builder ever. Also says he is very close with the entire Hurley family.

Reaction Score
why 1975?
does this include Louisville in 2013, which was vacated?
chips should be worth more than 60%.
Read Nelson’s explanation a few pages back for why 1975. And of course a UConn fan would say that about chips but final fours and sweet 16s are a mark of consistent quality.

I think chips should be worth twice as much as final fours which should be twice as much as sweet 16s so 57% 28.5% and 14.25%

Reaction Score
The 5th title makes it undeniable. Anyone saying otherwise would only be a hater.
We are already alone with UCLA, UNC, UK, and KU as far as teams to get to a final four with three different coaches, if you start counting at 1975 when the tournament got more fair by expanding to 32 and accepted more than one team per conference

If we win, it’s only us and UK as far as titles with three different coaches

Reaction Score
At the 22:00 mark, Coach K calls UConn a blue blood and says Coach Calhoun is the greatest program builder ever. Also says he is very close with the entire Hurley family.

Lol, not surprising.

Coach Krapukeski does not and never has cared about anything in this world except himself. Since he no longer coaches there, he does not give a flying fůϛʞ about Duke.

He is happy to jump on the UConn bandwagon now because we are riding high and he looks good by association. Everybody loves the Hurleys, so of course he has a great relationship with them.

If Syracuse had somehow been blazed by gamma rays and ended up in the FF this year, then we would be hearing how he and Boeheim are best friends.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley has given credit to a long list of coaching mentors who helped him get where he is. His father and brother of course, JC, Geno, even Jay Wright and George Blaney.

Let me know when he mentions Coach Krapukeski.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Dan Hurley has given credit to a long list of coaching mentors who helped him get where he is. His father and brother of course, JC, Geno, even Jay Wright and George Blaney.

Let me know when he mentions Coach Krapukeski.
Guess you haven't listened to Hurley interviews this past week.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
1680560663445.png

Reaction Score
It’s a conundrum. I’ve rooted for UConn (and X and Creighton) and I pull for the conference, but I certainly have mixed feelings on tonight.

As I root for UConn I also think of the insufferable fans becoming more insufferable. As we compete as programs it’s another title in the count, and would now own the reigning title as well. San Diego State is a great underdog. Would you be pulling for Nova tonight if we were playing San Diego State?

In the end I’m still pulling for UConn and the Big East tonight, but with some mixed feelings. Win or lose, UConn as a program has already achieved Blue Blood status.

Reaction Score
As we compete as programs it’s another title in the count, and would now own the reigning title as well. San Diego State is a great underdog. Would you be pulling for Nova tonight if we were playing San Diego State?
Great question. I pulled for you against UNC and Michigan. To tie us...I probably wouldn't have. I root against any team that can extend their title lead or tie us.

But if they win tonight and your team were in the final next year, I'd pull for Nova again.

Reaction Score
It’s a conundrum. I’ve rooted for UConn (and X and Creighton) and I pull for the conference, but I certainly have mixed feelings on tonight.

As I root for UConn I also think of the insufferable fans becoming more insufferable. As we compete as programs it’s another title in the count, and would now own the reigning title as well. San Diego State is a great underdog. Would you be pulling for Nova tonight if we were playing San Diego State?

In the end I’m still pulling for UConn and the Big East tonight, but with some mixed feelings. Win or lose, UConn as a program has already achieved Blue Blood status.
If UConn had been eliminated and you guys were playing for the trophy.. I am a BE loyalist over other conferences.. Have respect for Nova's legacy.. I would be pulling for you.. When we play each other.. As you would expect.. Another deal.. For this one night.. You should have no mixed feelings if you are a BE guy

Reaction Score

Out of all the programs in the current Big East, I probably like and respect Nova the most, but I can't say I would root for you guys tonight. I would not want you tying our 4 title mark, and you guys have had more than enough success lately.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I've rooted for Jay Wright every time he's been there. I would see no reason to not root for Nova should you get there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom