UConn - Iowa Postgame Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn - Iowa Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
Enough has been said about the last foul call.

I just have to say the thing that will stand out for me about this game is Nika. I've always respected her game, but with the exception of one really bad pass, she was impressive again here. The defense and the big shot... and I think she is hurting far more than she'll ever let on. Her legs looked like they were ready to just buckle a few different times. Tough as nails player went out with her boots on.
Remarkable game for nika

Reaction Score
The foul on Edwards should not have been called, but it seems to me like she really never learned the game of basketball. Over the years, so many crazy fouls and shooting while being triple covered instead of passing the ball out. Nobody tried as hard or gave more energy than her, but common sense never seemed to be a part of her game.
We are going to miss the defense of Nika, but hopefully whomever replaces her will score many more points than Nika did. It will be a long time before we see another defender like her.

Reaction Score
Geno doing way too much, inbound to Muhl, passes to Paige, Paige gives it up for another screen to get it back?? Just outsmarting yourself, put the ball in your pros hands and let her try to win the game.

Reaction Score
Just made turnovers and missed shots at critical moments of the game. Clark was gonna get hers but most disappointing was not grabbing the boards. Refs sucked but of course of course they just had to make themselves the story and it’s going viral.

Realistically was gonna be a rough game against South Carolina but this loss still sucks and will motivate the hell out of Paige and Freshmen have FF experience, and hopefully a healthy team with depth.

Reaction Score
that was a great game. The officiating was horrendous. Clark pushes off, almost leveled KK and Nika and Edwards gets called for that with 4seconds. Officiating should never determine the end of a game. Uconn did have chances to put them away in the first half. Considering the young players it was a great game and season. Paige didn’t touch the ball a lot in the fourth quarter. The defense was spectacular for most of the game. Those girls had to be exhausted going into it. Thank you UConn for an amazing season. Wow. Bummed they lost but the future is bright.

Reaction Score
The problem with a call like that is it overshadows the game both teams actually played. Martin and Steulke and Affolter played a great game, as did KK and Nika and Aaliyah. Now the game is about a poor call. It's time to let it go, let Nika and Aaliyah remember a great season, and for the freshmen to build on this year's experience next fall.

Reaction Score
The foul on Edwards should not have been called, but it seems to me like she really never learned the game of basketball. Over the years, so many crazy fouls and shooting while being triple covered instead of passing the ball out. Nobody tried as hard or gave more energy than her, but common sense never seemed to be a part of her game.
We are going to miss the defense of Nika, but hopefully whomever replaces her will score many more points than Nika did. It will be a long time before we see another defender like her.
So very true about her sadly.

Reaction Score
I know most of the criticism in women's college basketball goes to the officials - and deservedly so - but at what point do we start expecting more from the broadcast?

The women’s game is starting to take off, and it’s about time ESPN puts a real A team together. Ryan Ruocco has zero feel for the game, Rebecca Lobo goes out of her way to be “objective” and ends up being wrong half the time, and Holly Rowe is getting paid money to talk about Caitlin Clark smiling during shoot around.

Do better.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I hope Iowa gets curb stomped.
No lie, when I read the post you replied to, I had the exact same thought. I figured if I posted it, I would be sent to the curb, to be sent away with the garage.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom