UConn Insider podcast: Gabby Williams, Collier,Dangerfield and Camara on George Floyd and their experiences with racism and more | The Boneyard

UConn Insider podcast: Gabby Williams, Collier,Dangerfield and Camara on George Floyd and their experiences with racism and more

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By ALEXA PHILIPPOU - HARTFORD COURANT
JUN 18, 2020 | 6:00 AM

In this episode of the UConn Insider podcast, we passed the microphone to Batouly Camara, Napheesa Collier, Crystal Dangerfield and Gabby Williams to share their thoughts on this profound moment.

How racism has personally affected them, their experiences speaking out against racial injustice, and where they want to go from here. The podcast is just shy of 58 minutes in length. Here are their stories:

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I saw this on Facebook. I have only gotten thru Batouly's comments - it's not really an interview - they were probably asked questions, but the questions aren't posed in the podcast - just the speaking voice of the interviewee.

What an incredibly well-spoken young lady Batouly is. Her comments showed an incredible maturity, and real thoughtfulness. I was so impressed that she wasn't reading off a speech, but rather just extemporaneously speaking from her heart. I am really looking forward to listening to the other 3...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Speaking of Batouly Camara: Big Congratulations to her for being recognized and awarded the Billie Jean King Youth Leadership Award.

"The highly competitive nomination process for the Billie Jean King Youth Leadership Award selects and rewards young people for their leadership and commitment to improve their communities through sport."

"Camara created a nonprofit, Women and Kids Empowerment (WAKE), which holds clinics and workshops for kids and women internationally. In March, Camara published a children's book, A Basketball Game on Wake Street."

Reaction Score
I came online to see what the BY would have to say. Looks like most are not ready to have to conversation. I am proud that these young ladies used their platform to tell their truth. Gabby say it best. Changing racism is marathon that we all should participate in. The young folks are leading the way and I'm happy to follow their lead in race for equality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom