UConn, Indiana, Louisville, Texas headline 2023 Empire Classic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn, Indiana, Louisville, Texas headline 2023 Empire Classic

Reaction Score
No interest in doing a home and home w/ Syracuse until Boeheim retires. Facing his wacky zone is useless for developing a team and I also don’t want to give Syracuse any OOC RPI boost. I also don’t want to give Boehiem the stage is an “old big East” game.

Reaction Score
At this point, I don't see much upside for us playing Syracuse (especially up there)... I'd much rather impress the ACC brass with games in their backyard, do games in places that need an attendance boost (Miami, etc.) because we can fill arenas almost anywhere, or do games in recruiting hotbeds such as GA Tech in Atlanta, etc. With us being a coveted in-season tournament asset, our schedules quickly fill up so we have to be and can be very strategic with our non-conference opponents. Further, we can possibly create a larger scheduling relationship and get some attractive football games out of it as well (and utilize the amazing draw that the women's team is as well).
Lots of upside to go to the tundra and stomp the Fruit in front of a packed dome and national TV. Recruiting, media buzz, bragging rights, to name a few.
UConn/Cuse is always a big draw and both fanbases love it. And I couldn’t care less about ACC brass, they can go fkf themselves.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
No interest in doing a home and home w/ Syracuse until Boeheim retires. Facing his wacky zone is useless for developing a team and I also don’t want to give Syracuse any OOC RPI boost. I also don’t want to give Boehiem the stage is an “old big East” game.
This is a surprising take. We should play Syracuse every year. The hate is still strong between the two programs fan bases. Makes for great buzz for both programs. I want to kick their miserable little faces in.

Reaction Score
5+ years ago I'd go with games against the Cuse, but do they still move the TV ratings needle? Anybody have the real data on it?

I think there's better opponents in terms of recruiting areas and media buzz.

Now, if we were to match up with them in an in-season or March Madness game I'd want to beat them into tiny pulp.

Reaction Score
This is a surprising take. We should play Syracuse every year. The hate is still strong between the two programs fan bases. Makes for great buzz for both programs. I want to kick their miserable little faces in.
Would be nice to actually host them instead of neutral site games

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom