UConn in Vonleh's final 6 | The Boneyard

UConn in Vonleh's final 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is an ESPN Insider's article from Dave Telep.

ESPN 100 F Vonleh trims list to six

According to Pete Hutchins, Vonleh’s high school coach, the combo forward is down to six programs: Indiana, Ohio State, Georgetown, Syracuse, Connecticut and North Carolina. Also according to Hutchins, the programs coming at him the strongest and making the most headway are Indiana, Ohio State, Syracuse and Georgetown. That leaves North Carolina and Connecticut with ground to make up.

Connecticut’s in the most unique situation because of the coaching change. “Noah is obviously aware of the history and tradition at Connecticut and he saw some of that firsthand at their Midnight Madness last year,” Hutchins said. “Kevin Ollie’s a very dynamic person and coach, and he’s done a good job relating to Noah and everyone in his corner believes they’ll do a great job. As a local school, if Noah decides to not go away far from home, Noah thinks they would be a great choice.”

Gee, no BC? :)

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
This is huge. This would be the immediate impact that KO needs to show our amazing (cough cough sarcasm) AD that he is for real and belongs on the D1 coaching stage with the best of them. A top 10 recruit in his first year as head coach, plus the fact that he doesn't even have a full length contract would be monster. Not to mention that Vonleh is a beast! Come to UConn, big fella.

Reaction Score
Vonleh wants to sign in the spring period, and for the first time I'm happy to hear that. Hopefully he will have developed a bond with KO, and coach will have a real contract by that time.

Reaction Score
This makes me nervous for a couple reasons. I think the staff is waiting on Bell to see if we can get Vonleh. The problem is I think we lose out on Vonleh and Bell ends up committing somewhere else and we lose both. I hope we can land Vonleh, but I dont see us beating out those five other top programs especially with all the uncertainty around our program. I would rather focus on locking down Bell as a sure thing.

Reaction Score
This makes me nervous for a couple reasons. I think the staff is waiting on Bell to see if we can get Vonleh. The problem is I think we lose out on Vonleh and Bell ends up committing somewhere else and we lose both. I hope we can land Vonleh, but I dont see us beating out those five other top programs especially with all the uncertainty around our program. I would rather focus on locking down Bell as a sure thing.
Go big or go home! If we can get Vonleh and nobody leaves from the current team we will have a National Championship contending team next year!

Reaction Score
I agree with the 2 statements above. Not saying we wouldn't appreciate Bell but if you're in it with someone of that quality than you wait and take your chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom