UConn in the W | The Boneyard

UConn in the W

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Not a stellar year for UConn alums in the WNBA. Of the 18 players (surely a record) on WNBA rosters only one is in the top 25 in scoring. A typical year would see 4 or 5. Fully one third are not playing due to injury or in Moore's case a sabbatical. KLS has appeared in two games (averaging but 2 ppg). I don't know if she is injured. The same with Stokes - not playing. Only Tina Charles is listed in the top 25 scorers.

Reaction Score
I have seen the WNBA page that shows players by college, but it appears to leave out several players that hail from each school. Do I have that wrong? Or is the WNBA website behind the times?

Reaction Score
I’m surprised Tiffany is not making noise in Atlanta. She’s been amazing the past two years for them, especially when Angel was out. Hopefully she picks it up soo.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Not a stellar year for UConn alums in the WNBA. Of the 18 players (surely a record) on WNBA rosters only one is in the top 25 in scoring. A typical year would see 4 or 5. Fully one third are not playing due to injury or in Moore's case a sabbatical. KLS has appeared in two games (averaging but 2 ppg). I don't know if she is injured. The same with Stokes - not playing. Only Tina Charles is listed in the top 25 scorers.
I'm watching the Chicago game now and Lou does not appear to be injured. She played 7 minutes in the first half and hit one 3-point shot.

The situation with Kiah Stokes is entirely different. She has not been with the Liberty, so she hasn't been available to play. She is still overseas; not sure when that will end.

I also read that Bria Hartley, who played over 30 minutes in the Liberty's win today over Las Vegas, will be leaving the team to play in the Eurobasket tournament. Don't know how long that will last.

Last edited:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I'm watching the Chicago game now and Lou does not appear to be injured. She played 7 minutes in the first half and hit one 33-point shot.

The situation with Kiah Stokes is entirely different. She has not been with the Liberty, so she hasn't been available to play. She is still overseas; not sure when that will end.

I also read that Bria Hartley, who played over 30 minutes in the Liberty's win today over Las Vegas, will be leaving the team to play in the Eurobasket tournament. Don't know how long that will last.
Hitting a 33 point shot is a valuable skill at any level. :cool:

Reaction Score
As for UConn players not having usual impact, Hartley, Charles and Nurse were certainly impactful today.

Reaction Score
well when you think about it - players that are on rosters include; taurasi, bird, jefferson and stokes - arent playing/having played yet. stewart and moore are out for the season. thats 6 and 4 of those are usually in the top in regards to statistical impact.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom