Larrier DNP

Great night for Brimah!

Today (7/9)
No UConn players playing tonight.

Last edited:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Hopefully amida gets a two way contract. Jalen can enjoy the G league.

Reaction Score
Watched Jalen play in the 2nd quarter and the Pelicans opened up the game when he was on the floor. Made some nice passes and played good D. He telegraphed one pass that ended up being stolen and the opponent went in for a breakaway layup. Adams seemed pretty upset about it after that.

I'd have to think Jalen is def. going to be in the G league. Hopefully he can continue to improve and hopefully get called up to an NBA team one day.

Reaction Score
Watched Jalen play in the 2nd quarter and the Pelicans opened up the game when he was on the floor. Made some nice passes and played good D. He telegraphed one pass that ended up being stolen and the opponent went in for a breakaway layup. Adams seemed pretty upset about it after that.

I'd have to think Jalen is def. going to be in the G league. Hopefully he can continue to improve and hopefully get called up to an NBA team one day.
I think he will do well in the G league and could get a chance with a call up similar to Purvis if the right opportunity arises. If nothing else, he can have a good career overseas in a couple years.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Just two days left in the Summer League regular season and the last day of the Summer League regular season for all UConn players.

Today, 7/10:

Hornets vs Bulls (Purvis) -- 5:00, ESPN 3
Magic vs Nets (Brimah) -- 5:30, ESPNU
Cavs vs Pelicans (Adams) -- 7:30, ESPN 2
Spurs vs Suns (Larrier) -- 9:00, ESPN 3

Reaction Score

Don’t forget swin cash is the front office shot caller. Go huskies.

Reaction Score
Last Night (7/8)
Brimah (started) 14 pts, 8 reb, 2 blocks, 4 fouls in 20 min
Jalen (started) 5 pts, 3 reb, 5 assists, 3 to in 18 min
Purvis 2 pts, 1 reb in 9 min
Larrier DNP

Great night for Brimah!

Today (7/9)
No UConn players playing tonight.

That's my guy Amida making UCONN nation proud. Amida deserves to be in the NBA with a fully guaranteed contract. Biggest talent gone to waste during the Ollie era.

#GOGETITAMIDA

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hopefully amida gets a two way contract. Jalen can enjoy the G league.
I hope JA enjoys the G League and uses it as an opportunity to advance. He's a really nice guy who had a tougher time at UConn than he should, having to play so many different roles.
He looks like he belongs with these guys and has made some impressive plays the past few months
I also hope all the Huskies do well and get where they want to be and make some nice money doing so
I can't be a curmudgeon against any of them

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Last Night (7/10):
Jalen (Starter): 28 min, 11 pts, 3 reb, 2 assists, 2 stls, 2 to
Purvis: 9 min, 0 pts, 1 reb, 0 assists
Brimah: 2 min, 0 pts, 1 reb, 1 foul
Larrier: DNP

No games for UConn players tonight -- 1-3 more games remaining per player depending on how the tournament shakes out (tournament begins Friday).

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
We're into the Summer league postseason. The Spurs (Larrier) and the Bulls (Purvis) are both in consolation games -- they have one more game and are done regardless of win/loss.

The Pelicans (Adams) and the Nets (Brimah) are both part of the 8 team champions tournament. If they win, they keep playing and if they lose, summer league is over. Those teams have 1-3 games left, depending. The Pelicans (4 seed) and the Nets (7 seed) are on opposite sides of the bracket, so it's possible both guys could get 3 more games.

Schedule for Friday 7/12:
Atlanta vs San Antonio (Larrier), 10:30, ESPN3

Schedule for Saturday, 7/13:
Miami vs New Orleans (Adams), 6:30, ESPN
Orlando vs Chicago (Purvis), 8:00, ESPN3
Detroit vs Brooklyn (Brimah), 8:30, ESPN

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Last Night (7/10):
Jalen (Starter): 28 min, 11 pts, 3 reb, 2 assists, 2 stls, 2 to
Purvis: 9 min, 0 pts, 1 reb, 0 assists
Brimah: 2 min, 0 pts, 1 reb, 1 foul
Larrier: DNP

No games for UConn players tonight -- 1-3 more games remaining per player depending on how the tournament shakes out (tournament begins Friday).

Adams needs to improve that Assist to TO ratio. He's turning the ball over too much (much as he did at UConn). He seems to be showing a pretty capable overall game if he can fix that.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Last night:

Larrier (Spurs): 5 min, 5 pts, 0 reb, 0 assists

The Spurs roster was contracted from 17 to 12, so TL saw some time. This closes out his 2019 summer league, and, unless something changes dramatically, it probably closes out his summer league career.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Adams needs to improve that Assist to TO ratio. He's turning the ball over too much (much as he did at UConn). He seems to be showing a pretty capable overall game if he can fix that.
No one wants their back PG to come in and turn the ball over. Definitely going to be an issue for him. He does look like he belongs out there though, no doubt about that.

Reaction Score
No one wants their back PG to come in and turn the ball over. Definitely going to be an issue for him. He does look like he belongs out there though, no doubt about that.

If he did that with a regular NBA team during preseason it would be a problem but in the summer league games I caught, there were turnovers galore from people not being in the right spots.

Reaction Score
Is assist to TO was not bad his sophomore year . Probably his best year at UConn
198 assists in 32 games 6.1 per game
He was playing with Rodney , and Jackson and even Vital who could all catch and shoot. Plus you had to be aware of both
Brimah and Facey. so spacing was normal.
He forced more stuff on that disaster of a team his junior year with no front count presence at all. Then last year he played out of position and frankly was lost most of the time.
If he could find his sophomore year stride he will be a hidden gem because frankly he has to be one of the mostly naturally gift BB players to go undrafted.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
That's my guy Amida making UCONN nation proud. Amida deserves to be in the NBA with a fully guaranteed contract. Biggest talent gone to waste during the Ollie era.

#GOGETITAMIDA

Facey even more, as far as talent being wasted.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Head bang
Is assist to TO was not bad his sophomore year . Probably his best year at UConn
198 assists in 32 games 6.1 per game
He was playing with Rodney , and Jackson and even Vital who could all catch and shoot. Plus you had to be aware of both
Brimah and Facey. so spacing was normal.
He forced more stuff on that disaster of a team his junior year with no front count presence at all. Then last year he played out of position and frankly was lost most of the time.
If he could find his sophomore year stride he will be a hidden gem because frankly he has to be one of the mostly naturally gift BB players to go undrafted.
From what you described we must have been at least a fringe top 25 team?

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Last Night (7/13):
Purvis (Bulls): 10 min, no points, no rebounds, no assists, 1 TO, 1 steal
Jalen (Pelicans): started -- 15 min, 2 pts, 4 reb, 2 assists, 1 TO
Brimah (Nets): 13 min, 4 pts, 6 reb, 1 assist, 4 blocks, 3 TO

Pelicans and Nets both won, so both Jalen and Amida advance to the semis. Purvis is done.

Today (7/14):
Jalen (Pelicans) -- 6:00, ESPN2
Brimah (Nets) -- 8:00 ESPN2

If the Pelicans and Nets both win, Jalen and Amida will play against each other in the finals tomorrow.

Reaction Score
How’d Jalen do? And why is it impossible to find these stats?

3 assists and a three-pointer in 9 minutes. Got the start again.

Massive night for Amida. 12 points 10 rebounds 4 blocks. Should get an opportunity somewhere

Wonder if the Nets would give him a two-way. They don’t have a lot of big men on the roster. He has been consistently great on defense in the G-league, from what I understand.

Reaction Score

3 assists and a three-pointer in 9 minutes. Got the start again.

Wonder if the Nets would give him a two-way. They don’t have a lot of big men on the roster. He has been consistently great on defense in the G-league, from what I understand.
Defense was also his ticket but only if he could catch the ball occasional and get son put backs.
He always hustled that’s a plus at any level..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom