UConn in the NFL | The Boneyard

UConn in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know we like to keep track of our guys in the league, so I thought maybe the mods would pin this and we could just post all sorts of "UConn in the NFL" articles, links, stats, quotes, tidbits, etc. about our guys in the league. Obviously this would cut down a bit on the number of threads. I'm aware some BYers like to see the a bunch of new threads pop up with shiny new titles, but I prefer to have fewer threads to check on so I thought I'd float the idea. Like or post below with an opinion if you want.

Anyway, here's the first tidbits:

- Blidi is listed on the Titans site as wearing #29

- Gratz is listed on the Jags site as wearing #27. Wasn't that his number prior to the switch to #7?

- btw, Todman is wearing #30 for the Jags. I didn't know that one.

- Nothing yet for Shermanator (Chiefs), Trevardo and Griffin (Texans), or Sio (Raiders)

Reaction Score
Kashif Moore #19 for the Steelers. Really hope he makes the squad.

Reaction Score
Gratz was 24 before the switch to 7. I believe he was 27 at the Sr bowl.

Reaction Score
From NHR Jim Fuller story:

>>I thought I would pass on what Houston Texans coach Gary Kubiak had to say about former UConn defensive end Trevardo Williams after a recent practice during the team's rookie mini-camp."

"5. Fourth-round pick Trevardo Williams- “was exactly what we thought,” Kubiak said Sunday: “Tremendous speed. He can really run.” Kubiak said the UConn outside linebacker “is a little ahead of Montgomery,” who struggled with stiffness in his back, and that “settling them down at one spot, letting them compete, will be the key.”​

In other notes from the Texans, former UConn tight end Ryan Griffin was signed by the team on Friday. Griffin was taken by the Texans in the sixth round. Meanwhile,former UConn receiver Michael Smith was one of 19 undrafted rookie free agents signed by the team on Friday.<<

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/05/gary-kubiak-impressed-with-trevardo.html

Reaction Score
Griffin wearing 84 for the Texans in rookie mini-camp.

RG1.jpg

Reaction Score
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexan...rms-with-fourth-round-pick-trevardo-williams/

>>The Texans now have five draft picks signed.

Today they signed Trevardo Williams to a four-year deal worth just over $2.5 million. Houston signed all four of their sixth-round picks last Friday, the morning before their rookie mini-camp began.

Williams was a defensive end at Connecticut and will be an outside linebacker for the Texans. The Texans drafted players who will be outside linebackers — Williams and LSU’s Sam Montgomery. Slowed by a minor back injury on the first day of the rookie mini-camp, Montgomery fell a bit behind Williams.

“Williams was exactly what we thought,” Kubiak said on Sunday. “Tremendous speed. He can really run. So settling them down at one spot, letting them compete will be the key.”

The Texans have yet to sign first-round pick DeAndre Hopkins, second-round pick D.J. Swearinger and third rounders Montgomery and Brennan Williams.<<

Reaction Score
btw, Danny Lansanah is in the NY Jets camp ( #47 I believe )

Nick Williams with the Fore, I mean Redskins (#13)

Greg Lloyd - Bills (#59)

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 7:48pm via TweetDeck
Former #UConn linebacker Sio Moore proving to be a quick study Post original url/11LdmED

"His ability to understand multiple positions has been good," said Raiders coach Dennis Allen. He's a guy that, like I said after we drafted him, he loves football. He wants to work. He wants to get better. And he's a guy that I just think is going to continue to get better as he gets comfortable with the scheme."

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
btw, Danny Lansanah is in the NY Jets camp ( #47 I believe )

Nick Williams with the Fore, I mean Redskins (#13)

Greg Lloyd - Bills (#59)

Many Danny really has stuck with it. I admire that kind of drive and determination... glad to see he's back in a NFL camp.

Reaction Score
Many Danny really has stuck with it. I admire that kind of drive and determination... glad to see he's back in a NFL camp.
If he sticks with a squad he will be like the Kevin Ollie of pro football.

Reaction Score
Dwayne Gratz signs with Jaguars

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/06/gratz-signs-with-jaguars.html

>>The Jacksonville Jaguars announced that Gratz and fellow rookie defensive back Johnathan Cyprien were signed by the team.

There have been reports that both Gratz and Cyprien could be opening-game starters for Jacksonville.

Gratz started 41 career games at UConn and recorded 189 tackles and eight interceptions. He was the first of the five former Huskies selected in April's NFL draft.<<

edit add - http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Reaction Score
BLIDI WREH (@BlidiWrehWil5on)
6/19/13, 9:24 PM
Signed my contract! I'm officially a Titan!!! #TitanUp

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/06/blidi-wreh-wilson-signs-with-titans.html

>>Wreh-Wilson, taken by Tennessee in the third round in April's NFL draft, signed a four-year contract worth $2.16 million according to the Tennessean.<<

>>With his signing, all five Huskies taken in the 2013 draft have signed their rookie contracts<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom