UConn in the News, Feb 8 | The Boneyard

UConn in the News, Feb 8

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Thanks Nan. Much appreciated.

Just going through all the goodies but I like to point this little bauble out.

I have always thought that one reason why our underclassman may have more difficulties than
in other places (besides the pressure) is that our read / react system takes alot of mental work. If we can simplify, that could help.

Huskies simplifying playbook
UConn dominated every aspect of the game against ECU, allowing their bench players to get more playing time. The bench accounted for 25 points, and Auriemma was pleased with their overall effort. Part of their success comes from Auriemma deciding to simplify his playbook for the entire team, which he said has helped his players better understand what’s expected of them.
“There was a good look about it. Take into consideration who we were playing, but they look like they had a pretty good idea of what we were trying to do," Auriemma said of the bench. "And that was the whole point of tonight. We got back on Saturday so we’ve spent [two days] leading up to today [practicing]. Let’s say our playbook is 10 pages. Our playbook is down to like half a page, and I think that’s helped them so we’ve tried to minimize how many things they can do, and their focus has been pretty narrow. They’re comfortable with the one or two things we’ve given them that they can get good at. I don’t mean just the guys on the bench, but the whole team. They’re reflective of them. They know this is what we’re going to do every possession, so there’s some comfort in that. I was encouraged by what they did, but I’ve been encouraged before, so we’ll see what happens on Saturday.”

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom