Uconn in the news - 2/20/13 | The Boneyard

Uconn in the news - 2/20/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's a somewhat pessimistic viewpoint in an article by Chris Elsberry published in today's Stamford Advocate:

Chris Elsberry: Auriemma: "Maybe we're just not good enough"

Quite the comedown from his September 2011 optimism: "I don't think we're going to win the national champion this year .... But next year and the year after, we won't lose a game."

As Geno likes to joke, the players you had in the past and the recruits you're about to land are always perfect. Whoever you're dealing with at the moment is terrible.

Reaction Score
Here's a somewhat pessimistic viewpoint in an article by Chris Elsberry published in today's Stamford Advocate:

Chris Elsberry: Auriemma: "Maybe we're just not good enough"

It appears that Coach Auriemma is playing head games with his team. I am not sure that past tactics will work with this current roster for reasons I am not able to fully explain. Just a gut feeling. It's just like raising kids. What works on one child may fall on deaf ears to another.
That said, when Bria Hartley returns to form, this team will be more than ready. It is not as iof UConn is all that bad right now as it is. Hartley will be the rising tide that will raise all the boats; Caroline becomes a better point guard, Stefanie becomes an even better post, Kelly's all round game adds another dimension, and the bench players enter games more confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom