UCONN in the NBA - January '24 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN in the NBA - January '24

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Agree
Giannis is a huge talent for sure but he has turned into a mini LeBron with his antics. The delay in his FT shooting, that is helped and ignored by the refs, is aggravating. Coach Pop kept asking the refs to count the time that Giannis takes preparing for his FTs but they just ignored him. Refs called an inbounds violation on Wemby at the very end of the game and what he did is done by 95% of NBA players yet they don't call the 10 second violation on Giannis at the foul line.
The Bucks are a terrible defensive team but explosive on offense, however. when 2 players score nearly 60% pf your points, it emphasizes the fact that the NBA is a one on one game.
When Wemby adds some muscle he will be virtually unstoppable. The Spurs will be a really nice team when these kids mature.
Giannas is for sure one of the NBA golden child’s right now. There’s a lot that doesn’t get called on him.

The league has 3 years to accomplish whatever they need to before the Wemby takeover starts. Kid stuffed a former MVP. In his prime. At the rim. In the clutch. At 19 years old.

Nobody stands a chance.

caw

Reaction Score
That organization is a disaster.

They really aren’t that bad. They have three problems right now and one isn’t a big problem in terms of org.

1) Zion is who he is and not who he was supposed to be. That is on the org and him but also they are kind of stuck with him because he’s too good to drop for pieces (and they have too many pieces anyway) and getting a similar player back is unlikely.

2) their coaching is questionable at best. It’s not horrible but it’s not good. This and #1 contribute a ton to their sometimes lack of energy on the court

3) they have too many good players. This is actually a blessing and a curse. They need desperately to package a few of these guys to get better fitting players, or just better players. On the flip side injuries don’t derail them much. They need a star not just good players. I don’t even know who they should try and trade for, are there any disgruntled stars available now? They could trade some of their overlap for a backup center to at least balance the roster better, I guess.

Reaction Score
lol yes I'm aware, I just think the NBA should spread the matchups out instead of having them playing every week, it's become stale. this shift in the scheduling is recent and I guess due to travel.
I forget which NBA analyst said this, but apparently these back-to-backs are partially for travel but also to try to facilitate some rivalries. They compared it to being like a mini-playoff series, where players start hating one another by the end.

Not sure if I love the new scheduling either, but if that truly was the plan, there’s some merit to it.

Reaction Score
I forget which NBA analyst said this, but apparently these back-to-backs are partially for travel but also to try to facilitate some rivalries. They compared it to being like a mini-playoff series, where players start hating one another by the end.

Not sure if I love the new scheduling either, but if that truly was the plan, there’s some merit to it.
My other issue with it is they're scheduling all of these divisional games within a week/2 week cluster, if a team has a key player or 2 out for that time period you could have a tie breaker determined while that team is compromised.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
TEMPERS FLARE in Bucks vs. Rockets between Jabari Smith Jr. & Andre Jackson Jr.

I somehow missed this on Saturday. Jabari Smith Jr cheap checks Andre Jackson Jr. after a Damian Lillard triple. Smith is issued a flagrant foul 1, while Jackson receives a technical. Jackson must be doing something right if Jabari is going to start cheap shotting him... note how Giannis puts his arm around Jackson to calm him down.

Reaction Score
TEMPERS FLARE in Bucks vs. Rockets between Jabari Smith Jr. & Andre Jackson Jr.

I somehow missed this on Saturday. Jabari Smith Jr cheap checks Andre Jackson Jr. after a Damian Lillard triple. Smith is issued a flagrant foul 1, while Jackson receives a technical. Jackson must be doing something right if Jabari is going to start cheap shotting him... note how Giannis puts his arm around Jackson to calm him down.
Haha Andre pushes him 1st at the other end. But I didn’t see the game so maybe this was festering

Reaction Score
Bouk's per 36 numbers must be off the charts.

4 Minutes Played
3 Points
1-1 Shooting (1-1 3pt)
2 Rebounds
2 Assists

Reaction Score
Drummond was playing amazing all game, but Billy D took him out when they were up 7 with 3 mins left and Charlotte came back to send it to OT.

21pts 15rebs in 22 mins.

Vuc wasn’t playing very well at all in regulation but Billy went with his man and he did play pretty well in OT. But Andre needs a trade, this team is going nowhere and he can be a great piece on a good team.

Reaction Score
I know the Bouknight experiment in Charlotte is over (and I can’t blame them), but he played 4 first half minutes last night and scored 3 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists.

Brandon Miller started and played 30 minutes. 4 points. So did Bryce McGowens and played 23 minutes. 3 points. Ish Smith off the bench for 15 minutes. 2 points.

Reaction Score

4 Minutes Played
3 Points
1-1 Shooting (1-1 3pt)
2 Rebounds
2 Assists
Bouk's per 36

27.3 pts
8.7 Rebounds
5.5 Assists
56% FG
58% from 3
.248 win shares/48 (Best on the team)

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Drummond was playing amazing all game, but Billy D took him out when they were up 7 with 3 mins left and Charlotte came back to send it to OT.

21pts 15rebs in 22 mins.

Vuc wasn’t playing very well at all in regulation but Billy went with his man and he did play pretty well in OT. But Andre needs a trade, this team is going nowhere and he can be a great piece on a good team.
The Knicks could use him. Other than the ability to shot block he is just a wider not taller version of Mitchell Robinson.

caw

Reaction Score

4 Minutes Played
3 Points
1-1 Shooting (1-1 3pt)
2 Rebounds
2 Assists

He’s still pretty young, heck he’s younger than Cam Spencer by a few months, yeah let that sink in. Hope he can sign on somewhere and turn it around. The talent is there still.

Reaction Score
I know the Bouknight experiment in Charlotte is over (and I can’t blame them), but he played 4 first half minutes last night and scored 3 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists.

Brandon Miller started and played 30 minutes. 4 points. So did Bryce McGowens and played 23 minutes. 3 points. Ish Smith off the bench for 15 minutes. 2 points.
They just don’t like him at all. I don’t expect him to get much of a chance, even if they tank purposely (right now they are trying to be a good team and still are one of the worst)

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Bouk's per 36

27.3 pts
8.7 Rebounds
5.5 Assists
56% FG
58% from 3
.248 win shares/48 (Best on the team)

Only 12 attempts from deep, but if he keeps a decent % throughout the season, he may get picked up by another team and have a chance to make a splash.

Reaction Score
They just don’t like him at all. I don’t expect him to get much of a chance, even if they tank purposely (right now they are trying to be a good team and still are one of the worst)
Yeah, they’re way over him. Especially with Lamelo out and their record being one of the worst in the league, now is the time to develop young guys that they want for their future and it seems like those guys are McGowens, Nick Smith, and obviously Brandon Miller

I don’t think it’s unreasonable. Bouk had his chances there and really struggled with them. His best hope now is that some other team remembers he was a lottery talent, notices his weirdly good stats (4 PPG in 5 MPG shooting 56% FG and 58% 3P), and is willing to pick him up and see if he can build on it

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah, they’re way over him. Especially with Lamelo out and their record being one of the worst in the league, now is the time to develop young guys that they want for their future and it seems like those guys are McGowens, Nick Smith, and obviously Brandon Miller

I don’t think it’s unreasonable. Bouk had his chances there and really struggled with them. His best hope now is that some other team remembers he was a lottery talent, notices his weirdly good stats (4 PPG in 5 MPG shooting 56% FG and 58% 3P), and is willing to pick him up and see if he can build on it
The Wizards and Spurs may be able to use a talented guard.

Maybe Pop and San Antonio can be a great place for him to chill out and get his career on track.

Reactions: caw

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Hope Bouk gets a fresh start somewhere else. Someone will hopefully pick him up for their G league roster, he just needs to dominate that level until an opportunity arises.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom