UConn in the NBA: 2024-2025 Season | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NBA: 2024-2025 Season

caw

Reaction Score
Donovan with 8/9/2 on 4-4 shooting in 11min!

He is absolutely dominating Kessler.

Sidenote: I said before the Trailblazers were a hot mess, but that is mainly their offense. Their defense is actually pretty solid so far in pre-season (eye test).

Reaction Score
He is absolutely dominating Kessler.

Sidenote: I said before the Trailblazers were a hot mess, but that is mainly their offense. Their defense is actually pretty solid so far in pre-season (eye test).
Offense will be better with a healthy Simons in the lineup

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score

Incredibly impressive highlights. He had 10 offensive rebounds and the passing is incredible for a big man.

He is adjusting to the NBA game a lot faster than I thought. He even is showing that 3 pt range again which I guess was a super long 2 with his foot on the line. Him and Castle are going to really represent well this upcoming year for UConn.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
One guy who did not have a good pre-season, Andre Jackson. Led the Bucks in turnovers while playing the least minutes in the rotation. Shot 20% from the field.
Not Listening Dumb And Dumber GIF

Reaction Score
He is adjusting to the NBA game a lot faster than I thought. He even is showing that 3 pt range again which I guess was a super long 2 with his foot on the line. Him and Castle are going to really represent well this upcoming year for UConn.
Take last night with a grain of salt - Utah looked abysmal.

Reaction Score
It's preseason but he's played pretty well all things considered and Utah was with most of its starters.
Starters or not, the Jazz were bad last year and will be bad again this year. That said, they had nobody that was in DC's league last night.

caw

Reaction Score
Starters or not, the Jazz were bad last year and will be bad again this year. That said, they had nobody that was in DC's league last night.

If you are going off last year the Jazz were better than nearly a quarter of the league, including Portland. Also, Portland was without at least two starters.

caw

Reaction Score
So who are the current UConn NBA players:

Drummond - Sixers
Martin - Nets (two way)
Hawkins - Pelicans
Jackson - Bucks
Sanogo - Bulls (two way)
Castle - Spurs
Clingan - Blazers
Newton - Pacers (two way)
Spencer - Grizzlies (two way)

G-League:
Bouknight - Remix (Portland)

Did I miss anyone?

Reaction Score
So who are the current UConn NBA players:

Drummond - Sixers
Martin - Nets (two way)
Hawkins - Pelicans
Jackson - Bucks
Sanogo - Bulls (two way)
Castle - Spurs
Clingan - Blazers
Newton - Pacers (two way)
Spencer - Grizzlies (two way)

G-League:
Bouknight - Remix (Portland)

Did I miss anyone?
I think you got them all.

Dom Amore has a good run down of all the UConn guys in the NBA in today's Courant.

“We had that little window after 2014 where we struggled a little bit and there haven’t been as many UConn guys when you turn on the TV,” Dan Hurley said. “I think we’re going to get back to that point where you’re going to turn on TNT, or whoever is streaming these games now and you’ll see Jordan Hawkins being guarded by Steph Castle.”

Alternate access:
Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: UConn’s NBA presence is back; former Husky gets a second chance and more

Reaction Score
I understand the 2 way contract, but can anyone explain Bouknight being just in the gleague? If the team was impressed and wanted to call him up, can they just do that or do they have to convert him to a 2 way contract or some other form of contract?

Reaction Score
I understand the 2 way contract, but can anyone explain Bouknight being just in the gleague? If the team was impressed and wanted to call him up, can they just do that or do they have to convert him to a 2 way contract or some other form of contract?
They would likely sign him to a 10-day contract. Or if they really like him, a full contract.

Bouk signed an Exhibit 10 deal, which essentially gave him a 75k bonus for going to training camp if he eventually signs with Portland's G league team and spends 60 days with them after getting waived from the NBA. These contracts can be converted to two-ways before the season starts, but the Blazers have used all their two-ways so that's not possible for Bouk.

Since he's not on a two-way or a regular NBA contract and assigned down to the g league (he's waived post training camp), he's essentially a free agent in the NBA's eyes, so any team could sign him to any contract from the G-League, even though he's on Portland's g league team and getting paid to play by them. Since they waived him, they don't have his rights.

Reaction Score
They would likely sign him to a 10-day contract. Or if they really like him, a full contract.

Bouk signed an Exhibit 10 deal, which essentially gave him a 75k bonus for going to training camp if he eventually signs with Portland's G league team and spends 60 days with them after getting waived from the NBA. These contracts can be converted to two-ways before the season starts, but the Blazers have used all their two-ways so that's not possible for Bouk.

Since he's not on a two-way or a regular NBA contract and assigned down to the g league (he's waived post training camp), he's essentially a free agent in the NBA's eyes, so any team could sign him to any contract from the G-League, even though he's on Portland's g league team and getting paid to play by them. Since they waived him, they don't have his rights.
Very helpful, thank you!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom