UConn in the NBA: 2024-2025 Season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NBA: 2024-2025 Season

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Honestly, who cares about Donovan shooting 3s.

Here’s a list of the highest paid centers. Let me know how many of them shoot 3s compared to the ones that don’t. Especially the role players that don’t have offenses going through them and play strictly center (Minny made KAT a 4 and when Robinson comes back NYK may want the same).

Donovan dominates the paint. The obsession with him proving he can shoot 3s is dumb. Catch lobs and get in the paint for offensive boards.

Reaction Score

Here’s a list of the highest paid centers. Let me know how many of them shoot 3s compared to the ones that don’t. Especially the role players that don’t have offenses going through them and play strictly center (Minny made KAT a 4 and when Robinson comes back NYK may want the same).

Donovan dominates the paint. The obsession with him proving he can shoot 3s is dumb. Catch lobs and get in the paint for offensive boards.
Except that the top 3 guys on the list are all very good 3pt shooters. DC doesn’t need a 3 pt shot, but if he has it, why not use it?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Except that the top 3 guys on the list are all very good 3pt shooters. DC doesn’t need a 3 pt shot, but if he has it, why not use it?
If Clingan is going to be a 20+ PPG scorer than go for it. Those guys don’t just step out and shoot threes. They have full offensive games.

Unless Clingan is going to get a post game, dominant midrange like Joel and Jokic have, post moves, handle, etc. then I don’t see the point in focusing on it.

He’d be better suited in working on the post game or even a much easier to get 8’-15’ footer. Harteinstein just cashed out on having a 5’-8’ push shot lol

Reaction Score

Bad take. Centers that can spread the floor and work in all areas are the ones that get paid and the ones that are best for their teams. Old school centers are being phased out.

Reaction Score
8 of the top 15 ranked centers in the NBA have a three point shot that is a major part of their game. It will be 9 of the top 15 ranked centers when KAT plays center for the Knicks this season.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Bad take. Centers that can spread the floor and work in all areas are the ones that get paid and the ones that are best for their teams. Old school centers are being phased out.
Is that why Rudy Gobert got brought in so the center that shot 3s can be moved to the 4?

Lively and Gafford were huge parts to the Mavs run.

Hartenstein and Robinson were great on the Knicks.

I provided a list to look at. If you look at the 3 point shooting role playing centers, it’s actually THEM who are being phased out as they are in their upper 20s to 30s.

Reaction Score
Is that why Rudy Gobert got brought in so the center that shot 3s can be moved to the 4?

Lively and Gafford were huge parts to the Mavs run.

Hartenstein and Robinson were great on the Knicks.

I provided a list to look at. If you look at the 3 point shooting role playing centers, it’s actually THEM who are being phased out as they are in their upper 20s to 30s.
Lol, no. Gobert is a one off because he is a great defender. He is clowned outside of that for having low basketball skill.

Lively and Gafford work with a guy like Luka, not so much with most teams. And the Mavs are even touting Lively as a guy who is looking to extend his game to the 3pt line.

Hartenstein is a great defender, very good passer and has amazing touch. He wasn’t asked to be a shooter, he may be on the Thunder.

Mitch is just kinda not good, can’t stay on the floor and gets injured a ton. Not an example to use here.

Either way, you used examples of mediocre-to-good players. There’s a reason why all the best Centers have expanded their game. This is one argument you simply don’t win.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Lol, no. Gobert is a one off because he is a great defender. He is clowned outside of that for having low basketball skill.

Lively and Gafford work with a guy like Luka, not so much with most teams. And the Mavs are even touting Lively as a guy who is looking to extend his game to the 3pt line.

Hartenstein is a great defender, very good passer and has amazing touch. He wasn’t asked to be a shooter, he may be on the Thunder.

Mitch is just kinda not good, can’t stay on the floor and gets injured a ton. Not an example to use here.

Either way, you used examples of mediocre-to-good players. There’s a reason why all the best Centers have expanded their game. This is one argument you simply don’t win.
Who are these great young centers that have just 3 point shots without being overall great scorers?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Good lord, this is what you do.
I care about our guys being developed properly to maximize themselves, shoot me. Unless you’re an alien like Wemby or just have a great overall offensive game like Según, none of the successful young centers shoot. Cause it’s a tired narrative and not important.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Btw I agree the best centers expand their game. Meaning they have post moves, they have a midrange, and then they expand it to 3 point range.

Donovan has neither right now. He’s skipping steps.

Reaction Score
I care about our guys being developed properly to maximize themselves, shoot me. Unless you’re an alien like Wemby or just have a great overall offensive game like Según, none of the successful young centers shoot. Cause it’s a tired narrative and not important.
So should we tell Reibe this and tell him to go elsewhere? Sheesh

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
So should we tell Reibe this and tell him to go elsewhere? Sheesh
Someone investing in developing a 3 ball above all else offensively has nothing to do with someone who already has it and is here to develop his game elsewhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom