UConn in the G League, 2017–18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn in the G League, 2017–18

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I've been a big fan of the D-League for years (I also hate the Gatorade branding.) The level of play and competition is intense because every game is like an audition for these guys.

Reaction Score
I've been a big fan of the D-League for years (I also hate the Gatorade branding.) The level of play and competition is intense because every game is like an audition for these guys.

It really is worth checking out if you live near a team. Guys may be gunning but the talent level is still super high and the games are dirt cheap. I am hoping to get to 5 or so Knicks games to see guys like Nigel Hayes, Trey Burke, Isaiah Hicks and ole buddy Xavier Rathan Mayes up close and personal.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It really is worth checking out if you live near a team. Guys may be gunning but the talent level is still super high and the games are dirt cheap. I am hoping to get to 5 or so Knicks games to see guys like Nigel Hayes, Trey Burke, Isaiah Hicks and ole buddy Xavier Rathan Mayes up close and personal.

I won't be far from Lakeland in January and if Rodney is still there I'm definitely going to find the time to catch a game.

C

Chief00

I watched RP last night - he started out slow as did his whole team but he heated up.
On the court he looked like the same old RP in his motions but his game is much more suited to the NBA style game - he, for some reason, is a hard guard for lots of folks - but it is the G league and not the league.
I love the kid because he truly bleeds husky blue
DHam is very impressive. Too bad the kid was not into school.
LOL - DHam not into school is the understatement of the year! College isn’t for everybody! Rodney on the other hand, at least enjoyed the social experience.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Never noticed that D Ham shoots slightly from the ledt side, like a less exaggerated version of Lonzo’s shot.

Him and Isaac have such herky jerky games, and their form isn't far behind.

Like you said, not THAT bad, but he always had a little quirky release that I think slows it down and makes it less accurate. But JMO.

Not a super fluid shooter, but form isn't "bad" per se.

Really happy to see those numbers from him, hopefully he keeps it going and gets some big league work.

Reaction Score
Hamilton played his first NBA game tonight. 0-1 in 4 minutes for the Thunder in a win over the Bulls. Made a couple few thousand bucks for himself too. Not bad
Congrats DHam. Very happy to see him continue to work hard and develop. While the 2-way restricts you in a way(max games allowed in NBA) it will no doubt help propel this young man to a regular roster spot next year. Regardless, he has now logged regular minutes in a NBA game. Not many can say that.

Reaction Score
Hamilton played his first NBA game tonight. 0-1 in 4 minutes for the Thunder in a win over the Bulls. Made a couple few thousand bucks for himself too. Not bad

No matter what, he has worn an NBA jersey, a dream that many never fulfill. Great job by DHam. Congrats.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Add him to the list of Huskies who have suited up in the league!

Reaction Score
D Ham had 20 pts 17 assts and 11 rebs the other night. Now averaging 20 pts 9.9 rebs 8.9 assts and 1.9 steals per game.

Reaction Score
Marcus had 32 points 8 assists and 6 rebounds tonight in a win. Looks like he’s trying to one-up Emeka’s 5 year NBA absence, been out for almost 8 years.

DeAndre also had a double double in what looks like his first start for the Clippers G-League affiliate. Good day for the UConn boys.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Marcus had 32 points 8 assists and 6 rebounds tonight in a win. Looks like he’s trying to one-up Emeka’s 5 year NBA absence, been out for almost 8 years.

DeAndre also had a double double in what looks like his first start for the Clippers G-League affiliate. Good day for the UConn boys.
Pretty sure deandre had a monster game.

Reaction Score
Amida with 18 points and 18 boards in 34 minutes last night.

DeAndre posted 18 & 8 in a game of UConn alumns, with Marcus having 22 7 assists and 6 boards in the win.

Good night for the boys.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was most impressed that he actually made a layup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom