Men - UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Men UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great job by Finnergan. But while I’ve stayed out of the “we’re being cheated” debate, because it’s useless, it’s now clear that both the UConn team and the TV announcers know we’re being cheated with different strike zones.

For God sakes, let’s get a run here.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Quick questions for ya:

Did the umpire strike out with the bases loaded in the first?

Did the umpire pop up with the bases loaded in the second?

worry about what you can control.
My career ended 20 years ago….I’m just a fan now. So I can’t control any of it. So I have no problem pointing out the obvious home town umps…but again, that is expected in the NCAAs.

And yes, we choked away many opportunities as well.

But doesn’t change the fact that our pitchers jobs are much tougher on the road in the regionals.

Although if you think this is bad…just wait until the Super Regionals in Tallahassee next weekend if we win this regional. It will make this seem like nothing! It that is a problem I’d love to have.

Reaction Score
Pitchers killing me with free passes. They’ve been pretty lucky most of the time to get away with it.

Reaction Score
Game is on ESPN 2 btw, whip around coverage on a split screen. Better not take us off the screen to a 10-4 and 7-1 game.

Reaction Score
Can't control anything. We're just watching the game.
Newsflash for ya: Refs and umps stink in most sports and they have for decades.

So to be complaining on every pitch does nothing. I’m not an excuse maker.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Serious question; if we end up using both Quinn and Aftim for an inning each, are we without them if we play tomorrow?

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Their kid is throwing strikers and we’re flailing

Reaction Score
So that's what I was worried about. Now we're swinging in the dirt because they just got two low strikes called against us. Pitches that were lower than the balls called against us in the last half of the inning. Obviously we can't do anything about it, but what's the purpose of watching the game unless you're paying attention to what's going on.

Reaction Score
Bottom 6th, UConn offense goes down in order picking up 2 strikeouts. Game tied at 3.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The umpires helped quite a bit but we needed to make them continue going to the bullpen.

Reaction Score
So that's what I was worried about. Now we're swinging in the dirt because they just got two low strikes called against us. Pitches that were lower than the balls called against us in the last half of the inning. Obviously we can't do anything about it, but what's the purpose of watching the game unless you're paying attention to what's going on.
Let me ask you this : do you think the umps are the reason this game is “only tied” and UConn is not winning?

Coe was bad.
The ABs with RISP were poor.

Reaction Score
Quick questions for ya:

Did the umpire strike out with the bases loaded in the first?

Did the umpire pop up with the bases loaded in the second?

worry about what you can control.
Don’t even try. You will never convince the Boneyard that umpiring or refereeing at high level Div 1 athletics isn’t easy and there will be some questionable or even bad calls that won’t go your way. You will never convince them it is just part of the game.

Nope. The Yarders are the biggest conspiracy theorists in the world. Every season every single basketball ref, football ref and umpire gets to together and make an unbreakable pact to screw UConn at every opportunity. Because…why not?

Reaction Score
If you’re not gonna score at least make this guy throw a 20 pitch inning and they will keep him in the game until the 9th or even further unless we score before hand. Need a 1-2-3 inning here.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Let me ask you this : do you think the umps are the reason this game is “only tied” and UConn is not winning?

Coe was bad.
The ABs with RISP were poor.
Well, their guy who tied the game would have been punched out two pitches before he hit the dinger if the strike zones were consistent.

Take from that what you will.

Reaction Score
When the catcher is catching the ball with his glove on the ground that is a low pitch that this ump is calling a strike. that is not helping UConn at all. We then end up swinging at balls that are low

Reaction Score
Top 7th, Finnegan has a scoreless inning after giving up a 1 out single, the inning ends with a line out double play. Game tied at 3.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
F$#@ing beautiful!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads