UCONN in NFL Comprehensive Post | The Boneyard

UCONN in NFL Comprehensive Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I posted this on the other Hurd discussion:

Seahawks fans seem surprised Hurd got cut. They seem worried another team is gonna swoop him up before they can sign him to the practice squad. But that info was from a fan forum and we know how reliable those are.....

Reaction Score
Darius mentioned as trade bait.

Do you think with the injury troubles the Giants are having at DB, the Patriots could put together a deal with one of their DBs and draft picks for either Osi Umenyiora or Mattias Kiwanuka? Also, can you put together what you think would be the most likely move if it were to happen?
Dane Glisack
Andy Hart wrote a terrific post on our PFW Blog last week speculating about this very topic. The Giants have lost several defensive backs and the Patriots are likely going to cut at least one cornerback with some NFL experience. But if you're looking to deal a Patriots defensive back and hoping to get Osi or Kiwanuka (I don't see him getting dealt after they just re-signed him) in exchange then your package better include Devin McCourty . What's that? Not interested in dealing McCourty?? He's the Patriots best corner?? Well, why would the Giants want to deal Osi for Darius Butler - the guy I assume you meant in proposing a deal? I doubt you'd want to give New York a first-round pick to sweeten the pot, so you can forget about getting either of those guys in return unless you're willing to actually give something up. Butler could get a mid-to-late-round pick in return and that's a deal that would seem o make sense for both teams.
Paul Perillo

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I've been prepping for my fantasy draft tonight and in pretty much all of the publications I've been reading, rightfully or not, they are all painting Donal Brown as a pure bust. Every time I've seen him play with Indy, I felt like he never even had a chance to make a move after getting the ball since there was usually a defender in the backfield but you can only make those excuses for so long. I really had high hopes for him but getting put into the third string behind Carter is really disappointing.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I'm just reading it on the most recent fantasy previews but haven't seen the pre-season games. Has Brown been coming into games after Addai (i.e. with the 2's) and then Carter is with the 3's?

Reaction Score
Indy on now. Maybe Orlovsky in the second half. Indy looks horrible. Their entire offense, including Brown, look over-matched. Kerry Collins not the answer either.

Reaction Score
DAnny O played well...looked very comfortable out there..

Reaction Score
Danny O may have well earned himself a spot either with Indy or somebody looking for a solid #2. Very nice play.

Reaction Score
Danny O may have well earned himself a spot either with Indy or somebody looking for a solid #2. Very nice play.
News articles suggest neither Donald Brown nor Dan Orlovsky are in very strong positions, but DB might get one more year to show he can block and find/run through NFL seams versus into teammates' backs. For DO, Collins has a 2-year guaranteed contract and Manning appears to be looking to come in early this season. Is DO better off getting cut now with a shot at being picked up by another club, or potentially hanging on to a practice squad role? NFL 3rd string QB's not a bad gig; practice squad - less so

Reaction Score
Bama on Depth Chart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! McClain still backup. Good Stuff.

http://www.panthers.com/team/depth-chart.html

Darius 3rd string

http://www.patriots.com/games-and-stats/depth-chart.html

Donald Thomas 2nd string Lions. Nothing on Cody Brown??

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/depth-chart.html

Sherman sticks with AZ

http://www.azcardinals.com/team/depth-chart.html

Hurd

OG Zach Hurd: Hurd is a bit of a surprise, he's a raw but high-upside player, a powerful run-blocker at the G spot that could take over Gallery's role (who he seems vaguely similar to) a few years down the line, so I kind of expected him to stick around for the practice squad. He must have underwhelmed.

Easely 3rd string

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart.html

Reaction Score
Boston beat writers claiming Darius Butler is very much on the trade block. They are looking to play more man and see him as a better fit in zone. after a rough start he played better as the pre season and camp wore on. We shall see.

Reaction Score
McLain cut. Brown safe.

Edit:
Let's remember that a lot will happen over the next few days/weeks. No one is truly safe or out...

Reaction Score
Lawrence Wilson also cut today by Panthers. Lorenzen waived by Saints.

Reaction Score
Looks like Todman made the 53-man in San Diego, which isn't surprising

Reaction Score
Robbie McClain also waived today. Donald Thomas also cut today

Reaction Score
Alot of things can change, but here are the UCONN players currently on NFL rosters:

William Beatty, LT - New York Giants
Tyvon Branch, S - Oakland Raiders
Donald Brown, RB - Indianapolis Colts
Darius Butler, CB - New England Patriots
Marcu Easley, WR - Buffalo Bills
Anthony Sherman, FB - Arizona Cardinals
Jordan Todman, RB - San Diego Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online