UConn in 2021 Battle 4 Atlantis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn in 2021 Battle 4 Atlantis

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
We made the last one a family reunion and it was so much fun. Of course we didn't play all that well but it was fun seeing all the players. My wife took a picture of my Grandson shaking Amida's hand. Unfortunately it seems it can no longer be found on her phone much to my chagrin. We also played a round of golf behind KJ Choi and his two sons who were staying in our hotel. They are huge Texas fans.

Reaction Score
I know I asked this in a previous Atlantis thread, but what were the ticket packages like the last time we played there?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I know I asked this in a previous Atlantis thread, but what were the ticket packages like the last time we played there?
I think I paid 3 bills per person and got two passes for all the games. We didn't make all the games except for UConn

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sounds like Kansas hasn't been since 2014. That would be a very nice addition. They're not going to Maui that year either.

Really hoping this is it. In any event, thrilled to see us at this event.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
It's getting old seeing Cuse in these preseason tourneys almost every year...

When I went in 2015, tickets were readily available for almost every game. Champ game was obviously the largest crowd but there were still seats. It's also dependent on fanbases. Cuse was by far the biggest fanbase there in 2015 so their games were more packed than any others.

Atlantis did charge a pretty decent premium as the games got more important I believe as I bought 2 packages of all 12 games for like $350 each, but needed a 3rd for the UConn 3rd place game and I think it was like $50 for the single.

Reaction Score
We booked our flights and Tix through UCONN travel in 2015 but booked our own room (stayed at the condos at Atlantis - called the Harborside or something) which was significantly cheaperfor a large group.

Reaction Score
Who we play in the first round will be based solely on where they think we should be seeded when the bracket is released. #1 seed vs. #8, #2 vs. #7 etc. They will not pay attention to matchups except to try to get the #1 vs. #2 in the championship

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Good to know. For anyone that's been - does this ever sell out?
I do not recall any of the 2015 games being sellouts, but that may depend on the field. I've been to Maui when Kansas and Kentucky have been in the field - those were sellouts.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Who we play in the first round will be based solely on where they think we should be seeded when the bracket is released. #1 seed vs. #8, #2 vs. #7 etc. They will not pay attention to matchups except to try to get the #1 vs. #2 in the championship
I don't think there's any way ESPN takes a chance on the Hurleys not matching up. I see a first round meeting.

Reaction Score
I do not recall any of the 2015 games being sellouts, but that may depend on the field. I've been to Maui when Kansas and Kentucky have been in the field - those were sellouts.

Thanks. I’d just hate to go and then not be able to get tickets. I’ve already been looking at some places to stay on the island...

Mister Wonderful

Even when I think I’m wrong, I’m right
Reaction Score
Travel. I’m not sure Hurley wants travel that far. Calipari stopped going after we beat them in 2010 for that reason.
who knows if true for UConn but UK is playing Michigan in London this December.

Reaction Score
Based on the conferences in the field already I’m going to guess the TBD team is an American Athletic Conference team. Wouldn’t mind Cinci in this field (Memphis and Wichita St are both there this year)
The missing school is from Conference USA. Oddly enough they are the host conference for this tournament.

Reaction Score
The missing school is from Conference USA. Oddly enough they are the host conference for this tournament.

Not necessarily. There is no CUSA team in the 2020 field. But weirdly there are 2 AAC teams (Memphis & Wichita).

Reaction Score
I believe there a Marriott or something right by Atlantis property you can stay at inexpensively and a shuttle will bring you to Atlantis

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom