UConn in 2015 Battle 4 Atlantis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn in 2015 Battle 4 Atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
This is a tangible benefit of our championships. We get to go to more than our fair share of these. And we've taken full advantage of the exposure they brought in the past. Let's hope that continues!

Not to mention, this is a nice thing to say to recruits... you get to play a tournament in paradise just about every year, and get national audience exposure as a bonus.

Reaction Score
nice field, probably will be the best pre season tourney line up next year

Reaction Score
Does anybody know when they release the actual bracket? I cant wait to see what our path would be and the teams we could potentially play.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. Guess I will just have to keep an eye on this and book as soon as they go on sale.
I already have plane tickets for the entire family to go to Atlantis for Thanksgiving. We decided to do it this year when we heard UCONN was in. We are meeting up with a Sister in Law and Brother in Law and their kids as its their 25th anniversdary. I am hoping to buy two tickets for the tournament but I have not heard of any tickets going on sale.

Reaction Score
This particular tournament seeks tickets by team. So you essentially buy a UConn ticket and get all our games and only our games. Its not like in St. Thomas where you get a whole tournament pass and can go to whatever you want. In the bahamas, the whole "arena" turns over every game. Not sure if you can buy tickets to individual games, but I presume you can.

Reaction Score
I was there in 2011. Had a full tourney ticket. Same seats every game. You can now buy your team tix. Not nessesarily the same seats each Uconn game. Or you can purchase individual game tix. In 2011 although I had great seats(2nd row right behind Donny Marshall who was working) I was not with the donors in the Uconn section who were across the court. Tix are readily available as attendance is low. In 2012 we were there but did not go to the games. AO was there with Missouri. It is a great place for those who have not been and to have your team there too is awesome. Any questions I would be glad to answer as it is one of our regular vacation destinations.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, kids I am stating the obvious - Kevin needs to get some players this Spring!

Reaction Score
Does anybody know when they release the actual bracket? I cant wait to see what our path would be and the teams we could potentially play.
The tournament has a perfect opportunity to have three first round matchups with some history behind them.

UConn vs. Syracuse - obvious
Texas vs. Texas A&M - don't think bball is as intense, but their football rivalry dates back to 1915 (118 total meetings)
Gonzaga vs. Washington - played each other every year from 1997 to 2006 and the series will be renewed in 2016.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I was there in 2011. Had a full tourney ticket. Same seats every game. You can now buy your team tix. Not nessesarily the same seats each Uconn game. Or you can purchase individual game tix. In 2011 although I had great seats(2nd row right behind Donny Marshall who was working) I was not with the donors in the Uconn section who were across the court. Tix are readily available as attendance is low. In 2012 we were there but did not go to the games. AO was there with Missouri. It is a great place for those who have not been and to have your team there too is awesome. Any questions I would be glad to answer as it is one of our regular vacation destinations.
im looking to go, if you can PM me info on flights, hotels, and tickets it would much appreciated... thanks

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I hope we kick Boeheim-less Syracuse's ass. And I hope we kick Shaka's Texas team's ass twice next year.

Reaction Score
Incredible field.
The only question will be if Syracuse has anything to play for next year.
Maybe they won't have much to play for but nothing would make me happier than UConn embarrassing Cuse.

Reaction Score
Maybe they won't have much to play for but nothing would make me happier than UConn embarrassing Cuse.

Why wouldn't they have much to play for?

Reaction Score
I suggested back in November that they wouldn't have anything to play for before there punishment was announced as a 1 yr postseason ban only.

So basically just ignore the suggestion now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
'Cuse? Didn't they get the death penalty? Something about a decade long scheme to systematically cover up academic fraud, illegal payments and illicit drug use? I'm sure I read something about that. Even the NCAA wouldn't let an organization that dirty continue to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom