UConn Huskies v. ECU - Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn Huskies v. ECU - Game Thread

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some plusses: Defense, blocks, ball movement, shooting inside the arc. The starters looked good, though Kia may have been hampered by the injury. Meg continued to grow. Z was a defensive force. The end of the bench looked a little better.

Negatives: 3-point shooting, FT shooting, missed chippies.

Overall, a good game. Geno was happy, so I am too. 96-35 is rather overwhelming.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
7519A2AA-8A29-45DF-9C74-5E4AC8840A66.jpeg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the bench played well. Molly only one TO
That was a glaringly poor pass, but she was more careful afterward. I'd still like to see her shoot, but she gave it up to others in shooting position. She did grab at least one steal.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That was a glaringly poor pass, but she was more careful afterward. I'd still like to see her shoot, but she gave it up to others in shooting position. She did grab at least one steal.
4 rb's, 2 ast, 1 stl and 1 to ... not to bad for Molly, but I too would like to see her shoot more

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Our highest point total for a starter was 19. The bench (combined) had 26. Encouraging! And 31 assists on 40 made baskets is just amazing.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A few random thoughts about the game today:
  • Whatever problem was plaguing Gabby before the break, she's playing like an AA right now
  • Lou is the most complete player on this team. She does everything well.
  • Z was an old time center today: 16 rb's and 5 blocks
  • MW has a spectacular array of moves, and we've only scratched the surface so far
  • With 31 assists in today's game, UConn is now averaging 23.5 assists per game, now surpassing their average of 23.3 for last season when they set the NCAA all-time assist record for a single season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A few random thoughts about the game today:
  • Whatever problem was plaguing Gabby before the break, she's playing like an AA right now
  • Lou is the most complete player on this team. She does everything well.
  • Z was an old time center today: 16 rb's and 5 blocks
  • MW has a spectacular array of moves, and we've only scratched the surface so far
  • With 31 assists in today's game, UConn is now averaging 23.5 assists per game, now surpassing their average of 23.3 for last season when they set the NCAA all-time assist record for a single season.
Happy to see Gabby back on her game. She takes control.

Lou has clearly expanded her game. Playing for NPOY consideration next year and possibly this year.

Z was the rim protector today. I liked it.

I think Megan has a future with this team.

I love the assists. I think conference play will allow us to break the record. Lou's bounce pass in transition and Crystal's 50' pass were phenomenal.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
On to Tampa. See everyone at USF.

I hope they get out of town fast... Snowing already in the southern part of North Carolina... That's about 90-100 miles south of Greenville, NC.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This team is starting to gel nicely. The pieces are starting to come together.
Crystal is the floor general. She sees the whole court and it an excellent passer
Kia is playing more of a 2 guard and killing it from 3 point land. And she is still tough as nails on defense.
Lou - she has taken her game to another level. She is no longer "just" a 3 point shooter. She can take you off the dribble to the hoop or stop and bury a 15 footer. And she is playing defense!
Pheesa - the adjustments have been made and she is returning to her game. Constant motion gets her free for a lot of easy buckets.
Gabby - she is back to filling up the stats sheet. And her defense and rebounding are amazing.
Z - she is really starting to get it. She and Pheesa are developing a nice high-low game between the two of them. Her short jumper is almost unstoppable. Rebounding and shot blocking and assists!
Megan - we are starting to see how very talented this young lady really is. Speed, body control, rebounding, shot selection and defense. What's not to like.

And not to be left out, the bench is developing into one of the better ones Geno has had in a while. The frosh are showing they belong and can play.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Z could have doubled her output but missed so many bunnies. :( Just one of those days but in true UConn fashion, if one part of your game is not working, make your mark on other areas. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom