UConn hosting NCAA Youth Development Camp | The Boneyard

UConn hosting NCAA Youth Development Camp

Reaction Score
Four sites selected for youth basketball camps | NCAA.com

Two three-day sessions will occur at each site location. The first session will be July 23-25, and the second will be held July 26-28.

The new camp initiative was created as part of the NCAA’s recent reforms to college basketball and aim to integrate the higher education experience with the traditional recruiting process. These camps are designed to complement already existing recruiting opportunities. The camps will invite as many as 2,400 rising seniors, juniors and select sophomores, with up to 300 high school basketball players competing in each of the eight sessions across the four sites. All expenses for participants and one chaperone – such as a parent or guardian – will be paid by the NCAA.

Reaction Score

I thought the same exact thing. Boston College or Georgetown would’ve made much more sense. But hey, UConn has NBA level facilities with two practice areas so it makes sense. This poses well for our recruiting future. Kind of like how Dawn Staley took over for USA basketball and got 5 top recruits

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I thought the same exact thing. Boston College or Georgetown would’ve made much more sense. But hey, UConn has NBA level facilities with two practice areas so it makes sense. This poses well for our recruiting future. Kind of like how Dawn Staley took over for USA basketball and got 5 top recruits

Bradley is what, 40 minutes away? I'm sure they just run shuttle buses during those camps. What's the big deal?

That said, the NCAA and crew are such bumble@#!@$.

Reaction Score

... We're in driving distance between two of the most populated cities in the country... Over 9 million people can drive here just from NYC and Boston alone. Nevermind all the other towns and cities within driving distance

Reaction Score
Waiting on the Pat Forde tweet about how UConn doesn’t deserve to host such an event.

Reaction Score
Don’t really expect top recruits to be at this camp. Is it run by 3rd party?

Reaction Score
Don’t really expect top recruits to be at this camp. Is it run by 3rd party?
That's why it's even better for us. If a high major kid does want to check out UConn and they get invited, it's an all expenses paid unofficial visit.

Reaction Score
I am reading on Twitter all this outrage Bc UConn is hard to get to, but it’s legit 40 min from an airport, half way (pretty much) between New York and Boston which is probably why it was chosen. Has nba facilities. UConn is in the middle of nowhere but it’s not hard to get to

Reaction Score
I am reading on Twitter all this outrage Bc UConn is hard to get to, but it’s legit 40 min from an airport, half way (pretty much) between New York and Boston which is probably why it was chosen. Has nba facilities. UConn is in the middle of nowhere but it’s not hard to get to

Reaction Score
1- I was stating that I don’t agree UConn is in an inconvenient place in terms of traveling if a kid wants to go. However:
2- I don’t agree it was the right place for it to be on the east coast. In terms of excluding DMV. Could have been somewhere more in the middle Bc the southeast was also excluded.

Reaction Score
... We're in driving distance between two of the most populated cities in the country... Over 9 million people can drive here just from NYC and Boston alone. Nevermind all the other towns and cities within driving distance

Plus, Storrs is 30 minutes from a very good airport (Bradley) that has connections all along the Eastern seaboard, UConn has arguably the best college basketball facilities in the Northeast (with Gample for games and Werth for practices and small sessions adjacent to each other), and I wonder if proximity to the Basketball Hall of Fame and ESPN helped.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Two American schools? Interesting.

Hartford isn't bad to fly into and ride from Hartford to Storrs is easy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom